Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Best Mother's Day Ever!

Drew scored major points this weekend... He realized that although it was Mother's Day, the best way to celebrate was NOT to spend it with my adorable children, but instead to get out and have fun with other moms! So Drew coordinated with the husbands of my friends, Keri and Laurie, to send us out on a surprise "adventure" Saturday night. All I knew was that at 3:30pm, I was to go over to Laurie's house. I thought maybe the men would just be watching the kids while we went to the mall to shop. But no... those boys were much more creative! Once I arrived at Laurie's, her husband gave us a paper with instructions of places we needed to go and people to ask for, all according to a specific schedule. Our first stop was to pick up Keri. So with three crazy moms in the sweet Prelude, we cruised Douglas Boulevard to find our first destination. All we had was an address... Eventually we found a bead store where we were to go in, ask for Esther, and make our own fancy jewelry. Check out my cool necklace. Not bad for a first attempt!



After that, we were to go to another address for dinner. We ended up a a place called Pizza Antica in Granite Bay. It is a brand new restaurant with really cool, yuppie pizzas. We loved it! My favorite was the cherry limeade drink. And to finish off the night, we went to an Italian place for dessert. Not only were the activities and food SO great, but the three of us had such a great time chatting and being girls, without having to chase our cute little kids around. Now of course Laurie, Keri and I realize we have to come up with something REALLY good for Father's Day... Stay tuned!

0 comments: