Saturday, June 30, 2007

Scott's Idea of Heaven

If you ask Scott what his favorite place in the whole wide world is, today the answer would be, "The Jelly Belly store!" Aunt Allison came up to visit us, so we decided to make the trip to Fairfield to the Jelly Belly Factory. When we drove up to the building and saw ALL the Jelly Belly signs, cars and figures, Scott thought he had died and gone to heaven! We did the factory tour, which was really fascinating. And then we obviously had lots of fun in the Jelly Belly shop trying new flavors and loading up with enough Jelly Bellies for the next several weeks... The best new thing that Allison and I discovered are the "JBz", which are like flavored M&Ms: chocolate in the middle and a variety of yummy flavors for the candy shell. My personal favorites is the chocolate strawberry. And if you are interested, the newest Jelly Belly flavor is pomegranate. It was really yummy!

It was a really fun Saturday adventure, but I will admit that the sugar crash Scott experienced as we got close to home was not so fun... And I am sure we are going to hear lots of requests to go back to the "BIG Jelly Belly store" in the future.



1 comments:

threeforme said...

I haven't taken Padyn there, yet, but I'm sure she'd feel the same as Scott. I'd never be able to drive by it again without her screaming, "Jelly Bean Store! I want to go to the Jellly Bean Store!" You can see why I've delayed this particular adventure.