Saturday, June 23, 2007

We Love You, Daddy!



It took several attempts, but we finally got a perfect picture to give Daddy for Father's Day! We celebrated by letting Daddy take a long, long nap. Also, in an effort to return the favor for the spectacular Mother's Day I was able to enjoy, my friends and I sent our husbands on a surprise adventure. First, they went out to a very lovely part of Rancho Cordova (insert sarcasm) to a shooting range. They shot pistols and shotguns and really had a great time. Drew, of course, has lots of experience using guns, but the other two dads had never been before. We figured Father's Day was a perfect opportunity to try something new and very manly.

After shooting, we sent the boys to Claim Jumper where they could eat themselves silly. Ironically they all ordered a burger from the menu called "The Widow Maker". So after a very fun and successful Mother's and Father's Day this year, I think we have established some new traditions!

1 comments:

Chuck Gates said...

Your kids are so cute.

Drew shooting guns reminds me of how fun it was to watch an Army/Navy game with Drew in our living room. Of course, after living with Drew, I moved to Maryland, worked in Annapolis, and started rooting for Navy. He probably would be upset with me for that.