Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Aloha!


I can't believe my son is not yet 4 years old and he has been to Hawaii 3 times already... I think when I was the same age, I could only claim than I had been to Elko, Nevada 3 times. How things change... Mom and Dad took all the Evers kids and grandkids for another fabulous week in Maui. The plane ride was actually less of a disaster than I expected, so that was a great start for the vacation. Thank goodness we had lots of fruit snacks and 3 DVD players, one for each kid.

This trip was quite different, though, compared to the first Evers family Maui trip. The first time we all came, Scott was only 3 months old. We could pretty much go anywhere and do anything and he just slept. But this time, with 3 mobile grandkids, our days were spent hanging out at the pool and working around nap time.

By far, the highlight for Scott was the waterslide at the pool. He would have slid on that thing 24/7 if we let him. I was actually quite proud of how independent he was with his little life vest on. He could do it all by himself, which was nice since I had to spend most of my time with whimpering little Charlotte who wasn't crazy about the water.


Here are a few photos from the trip:


Scott, Charlotte and Elle



Drew and Ryan in their Scuba lessons


Charlotte teaching Elle about her favorite place



2 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Aloha! One year we'll have to schedule our family vacations for the same week. Then Scott can teach the girls to go down the slide. Can you imagine the fun?

Allison said...

Okay, so cuteness abounds, but is that a PREGNANT Cindy I see? If she's not, then you've got some serious problems with your camera...