Friday, February 22, 2008

What you may not know about me...

A couple of weeks ago I received one of those "Tag, you're it" emails from one of my most wonderful friends (I did it, Keri!) asking me to answer a few questions about myself. So here are my responses!

Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Human Anatomy TA (ask me about the time I had to use a turkey baster to keep the cadavers moist...)
2. Statistical consultant for the Men's USA and BYU men's volleyball teams (BYU won the national championship after my research. I like to think I deserve at least SOME credit.)
3. High school math teacher (I was paid less than $5/hour to teach pre-calculus. Sad. My students made more working at Jamba Juice.)
4. Statistician for Intel (I just danced around in the bunny suit in the clean room, like the old commercial.)

Four movies I would watch over and over again:
1. Tommy Boy ("Fat man in a little coat" just never gets old)
2. Rudy (I cry each time!)
3. Napoleon Dynamite (I love that my sister-in-law is from Preston, ID and her sisters and mom are in the movie! Sweet!)
4. Christmas Vacation (Some families reenact the Nativity on Christmas Eve. We watch Christmas Vacation.)

Four places I have lived:
1. Lake of the Pines, CA (Go LOP!)
2. London (with my wonderful roommate, Liz)
3. Tierra del Fuego, Argentina (Off the southern tip of South America, further south than the penguins.)
4. Westfield, NJ (America's best kept secret: NJ is beautiful, other than the Turnpike.)

T.V. Shows that I watch:
1. The Office (Favorite episode: the basketball game)
2. Oprah (Yes, I am a girl)
3. Dora the Explorer (not by choice)
4. Charlie and Lola (I'd watch it even if my kids didn't)

Four Places I have been in 2007:
1. Maui (without kids!)
2. Cary, NC (To the SAS mothership)
3. Pasadena, CA (For the Syphi Family Christmas Extravaganza)
4. Boston, MA (To see Cindy and watch the crazy Sox fans)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Pumpkin pie (Fall, Winter, Spring, or Summer)
2. Chicken Madeira from Cheesecake Factory (I'm counting down the days until the CF opens in Roseville)
3. Fillet Mignon (Although I really hate the name of the restaurant, Ruth's Chris Steak House serves the most amazing fillet...)
4. Pumpkin pie, again (Food of the gods)

Four places I would like to be right now:
1. Shopping (anywhere)
2. Italy (with Drew as my tour guide and translator)
3. Tahiti, in one of those bungalows over the perfect, turquoise water (with Polynesian guys in a canoe bringing us fresh tropical fruit each morning for breakfast)
4. In bed, since it is 11:30pm (But when else can I work on my blog?)

Things I am looking forward to in 2008:
1. Christmas with the whole Evers family together, hopefully in Mom & Dad's sweet new house
2. Going back to West Point in fall for Drew's 15th reunion
3. Trip to Maui (already happened!)
4. The day when BOTH kids sleep through the night!

Anyone learn anything new about me?

2 comments:

Liz said...

I adore Charlie and Lola! Greatest kids show!

threeforme said...

Why isn't there a question about what your favorite word as a child was...

I've thought about posting this since I have gotten about 10 emails of this. I never fill them out. Lazy or arrogant...take your pick. Either way, it's a good idea. I may steal it. (don't worry, I'll credit you.)