Wow! A lot of big news events happened for the Syphi boys this weekend...
First, Trevor has his first haircut. It was hard, because he is my only child to have curls. And lots of them. And they were SOOO cute. But I was afraid that I would be the parent who thinks her child looks adorable, even when sporting an out-of-control over-grown baby mullet. So we had it all chopped off. Trevor did a decent job sitting during the cut, thanks mostly to the lollipop.
Second, it was a red-letter weekend for Scott. On Friday, he ate (drumroll, please) ........
A CHEESEBURGER!
AND LIKED IT!
This is huge.
I had to bribe him with a trip to Sunsplash, but we were planning to go there anyway when Uncle Jeff and Aunt D get here.
He desperately wants a Nintendo DS, which I agreed to get for him IF he eats 25 new foods, learns to ride his bike, and reads 30 minutes a day. With our Hawaii trip 3 weeks away and the pressure of earning the DS before the plane ride at the forefront of his mind, he has been very focused on reaching his goal. He has 12 new foods to go, and added feta cheese to the list today with NO force from me. It was cheese, so it wasn't very risky in his mind. And it liked it, too! So tonight we made a list of the remaining 11 foods to try. Included are corn dogs, nectarines, cottage cheese (cheese being the important word), tacos WITH meat, and his own personal suggestion - bleu cheese. I told him he didn't have to try bleu cheese since it smells like dead ants, but he is motivated...
And that leads me to the second requirement for the DS -- learning to ride his bike. I think I will just let this video to the talking:
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
10 comments:
What?? Hawaii in three weeks! If you're hitting O'ahu, shave-ice on us! We'd be thrilled to get the chance to see you and catch up. Email me and I'll send you my cell number.
That is awesome! That is great that Scott is so motivated!
I'm sorry you had to cut off Trevor's curls-- that would be a hard thing for me to do too. I'm glad Amy is a girl so she can keep her curls!
Good luck to Scott on the rest of his foods. Hey Bleu Cheese doesn't smell like dead ants. That is my favorite dressing and has always been, since I was about his age. And my brother-in-law Scott (Lanea's dad) who is just as picky as your Scott when it comes to food also loves Bleu Cheese. Has he added onions, green bell peppers, oatmeal or cucumbers to his list. I still don't like those foods and I am getting old. Have fun in Hawaii.
Patty Biggs
That's awesome....I love adding the new foods in the list!
I soooo disagree with the dead ants jab, but it's o.k. Great idea on the new foods. Must try that.
Have you ever really smelled a dead ant?
Great job, Scott! It always amazes me when you find what motivates a child they are unstoppable!
Tanner loves eating blue cheese dressing on salad, it is a new favorite at our house. Good luck!
Stacey, will you please come over and bribe my kids? You seem to be so much more successful than I am. Good work!
I just realized we should have been telling Scott all along that any new food was ----cheese. It worked with picky little Jeff. We told him every new meat was "chicken". (Didn't matter what color it was.) He was fine as long as we labeled it chicken.
Sorry we lied Jeff. Do we owe you therapy?
Mom
That is such a genius idea... kids wants a nice and expensive toy, make'm earn it by trying new foods. Great, great! Oh, and yay for Trevors new do!
Trevor looks so cute getting his hair cut!
Post a Comment