Sunday, August 1, 2010

Maui 2010 Adventure

Seriously? No posts at ALL in the entire month of July? Yeah, it has been a pretty fun and crazy and exhausting month... So I'll begin with the highlight of the month:


MAUI! No, this guy wasn't the highlight, but I got your attention, right? And I did truly take this photo on the beach. Apparently this guy didn't realize he put on his wife's bikini bottom... Two different days, two different bikini bottoms. Given the MANY other people snapping photos, I'm sure he is highlighted on other blogs besides mine. Anywho...

My parents took our whole family to Maui, which includes their 3 children, 3 spouses and 6 grandkids. Oh, and 3 of those grandkids are around 16 months. Needless to say, we were a bit nervous about the flight, but it certainly wasn't a bad as it could have been. Thank you, melatonin. We were very brave and attempted a family photo, and here is the result. Not bad! Everyone is looking at the camera, and with a little Photoshop work, we may get smiles on the kids.


This trip was just a bit different from our first Evers Family Maui adventure, when the only kid was a 3-month-old Scott. During that trip, we did ALL the exciting tourist stuff and Scott just slept and ate (except for the return from the Road to Hana, when he screamed). So this time, our schedule was pool, eat, naps, pool, eat, shave ice, bedtime, repeat. A few times we substituted beach for pool, but for the most part, we just stuck around close to Kaanapali, which was fine with me! We had a fantastic time, as is evident in these photos:



Shave ice was a huge hit with everyone. We promised Scott the Big Mama size if he would eat flank steak for the first time. It worked! So if you are ever headed to Maui, go to Local Boy in Lahaina and order the Local Girl. Yum. I miss it already.




Charlotte definitely made great strides in the water and was VERY brave compared to swimming experiences in the past. She is still nowhere NEAR her cousin Elle, who swims like a fish, but at least she was excited to jump in the water! She even was happy to go play in the ocean (holding my hand, of course) and collect shells. That may have been her favorite part of the trip.


And Trevor thought the water was awesome! He spent a lot of time doing this:


One of our departures from the swim/eat/sleep cycle was a trip to the aquarium with Scott, Charlotte and Elle. They had lots of fun and were especially excited to see sharks. I love that the older cousins are getting to an age when we can take them all to cool places like the aquarium. Charlotte and Elle did not hesitate at all to touch a starfish or other little creatures. I would have placed money on Charlotte being too scared, so she shocked me.





Pretty much every night, we came home, put the babies in bed, the big people played a game while the cousins had movie night in bed. I can pretty much guarantee they were watching Barbie in a Mermaid (or Wormaid, if you are Elle) Tale when this picture was taken since we watched it about 3 dozen times during the week.


When the week was over, it was sad to come home and return back to reality. The flight with the 3 babies was definitely not as terrible as it could have been. Here is what our kiddos looked like at one point:




Jeff and fam went back to Arizona and Cindy and fam went back to New Hamster (as Charlotte calls it). I wish we could all live closer, but since that just isn't possible, I'll take these fun trips and time together whenever we can do it.

10 comments:

The Florist said...

Verdict is in: You have pretty much the coolest family, um, ever. Let me know when I can dye my hair blond and go as the Stacey substitute on your next family vacation. Oh--and yes--glad we agree on the awesomeness of shave-ice.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I would also be happy to go as your substitute next time if the Florist can't make it. It looked like so much fun. Good work Evers family!

Herlehy Family said...

Looks like a fantastic summer vacation! Your children are making some memories that will last a life time with their cousins. I loved the video of Trevor jumping into the water...number three is always much more adventurous.

Krystal Rose Webb said...

That looks like a party!!! We'll have to plan it sometime where we are all there together! That would be so much fun! Love and miss you all! :)

Cadle Clan said...

Looks like a party!!!!

Stephanie said...

Very fun adventure! I'm glad the flights weren't as bad as you anticipated and that you had such a great time with your fam.

Paige said...

Love the bikini man! Priceless! :) Glad to hear that you guys had a great trip. How could you not though; family in Hawaii? We'll be in town next week. Hopefully we can see you sometime.

Liz said...

Man, that guy is SWEET!

Sounds great. So glad you had fun....I could use me a little Hawaii right about now. Your kids are so adorable, and I'm drooling looking at Scott's yummy shaved ice.

Can your parents fund our "Girl's Trip" to Maui next year?

PJ Evers said...

It was so much FUN!! And the food -SOOOO fabulous! Cindy's Kalua Pig, Kelly's grilled fresh pineapple, Stacey's teriyaki flank steak, home-made icecream, those virgin pina coladas & lava flows, POG, and ohhh the shaved ice! LOVED IT ALL!

KimberLeigh said...

That is SO awesome of your parents to take you ALL to Maui. SWEET! And those pics of your kids on the plane are precious.

I cannot believe Trevor is that big! He is so stinkin' adorable! What a big boy!!

Wonderful photos! You are as beautiful as ever, miss Stace! I need to know your secret to looking so fabulous and staying skinny!