Saturday, April 9, 2011

Play ball!

Our house is split NorCal and SoCal... Last year I was THRILLED Scott's team for T-ball was the Giants! And being the good dad that he is, Drew reluctantly went out and bought himself a Giants hat, which was a little painful. So I guess it was inevitable that this year would be different. Scott now plays for the Dodgers. Sad. However, he is so excited to be able to hit real pitches (sort of - they use a machine) and play with several of his good friends: Tyler, Connor, Caden and Parker. And I'm excited because I know I will get to hang out with a bunch of awesome ladies while we watch our boys play!

The first 3 games of the season were cancelled because of rain, and Scott could HARDLY wait to play! Finally, they were able to play last Saturday, versus the Giants, of course. It wasn't bad for the first game! He did get a couple of hits which was very pleased with.




But sadly, his last at bat he was called out on a strike 3 (by the opposing coach), when clearly he tipped the ball. He was crushed. Tough to learn your first lesson about bad calls... It took a trip to The Habit after the game with Daddy to recover from that trauma. But we have a long season ahead of us, and I'm sure we will see lots of improvement!


BTW, the Cat in the Hat was his class pet he was supposed to take care of this weekend...

2 comments:

kjirsten said...

Oh that is SO cute . . . and sad. We can definately learn a lot of lessons through sports -- that's for sure! Congrats to Scott though, on a game well played! Bless his heart! My boys have had similiar experiences -- so we get it! :)

youreprettytoo said...

Such a sad face! Our team is the Red Sox so we could have a regular World Series. And BTW I am so stealing that Cat in the Hat class pet idea!