Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Why I love being a mom...

My friend, Stephanie, wrote the BEST post on her blog about how her life has changed since becoming a Mom. So I am stealing her list and making a few modifications to accurately describe my life:

10) My idea of an exciting Saturday night is grocery shopping at 9pm, by myself, after the kids are asleep.

9) Eating at In-and-Out is an extremely healthy meal: milkshake (dairy), burger (for Charlotte, at least, protein), fries and ketchup (veggies) .

8) I can’t tell you the last time I listened to the radio or a CD of my own in the car… But I have listened to a lot of classical music, even if it is from Baby Einstein movies.

7) I have talked about poop with total strangers.

6) The perfect Mother’s Day gift is an afternoon without the kids.

5) While attempting to eat dinner, I get out of my chair an average of 24 times.

4) My attitude about putting a child in a kid-harness has done a 180. I haven't done it yet, but I might...

3) Just ask me to sing the theme songs for Blues Clues, Dora, Diego and Little Einsteins - I can do them all.

2) Fruit snacks (with 5% real fruit juice) counts towards the daily fruit/veggie count...

1) “Getting lucky” for us means the diapers are on sale PLUS a coupon at Babies R Us!

Honestly, I do love being a mother. These things are all fun to joke about, but the smiles and hugs and kisses and adorable things my little guys do make it all worth it.

4 comments:

Liz said...

"Climb on board, get ready to explore...Zooming through the sky, Little Einsteins."

Stacey said...

I'll admit, that is my favorite theme song of the bunch...

Stephanie said...

I love your list, too! Little Einsteins is my favorite theme song, too.

youreprettytoo said...

Fun list, Stace! I meant to email you back about the harness thing. I love that you included the hyper-hypo link. Such fun times. And I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who has changed their position concerning "leashes!"