All parents spend a fortune on things to teach and entertain our children, and we never quite know if the money spent is going to be worth it or not... Here are some items that I would have paid 10 times as much for, now that I know how wonderful they are:
1) The Leapfrog DVD series: The Letter Factory, Talking Words Factory (1 and 2), Math Circus and Storybook Factory. These videos are so cute and do an amazing job of teaching young children the ABCs and simple words and math. Both Scott and Charlotte LOVE these movies, and I feel they deserve a lot of the credit for both kids knowing their letters before they were 2!

2) Wood Blocks: So simple, yet has been an entertaining toy since Scott was old enough to knock over towers.

3) Tub Letters: We actually had to get 2 sets of letters since Scott would get really upset when he couldn't spell words that had two of the same letter. These letters have provided HOURS of entertainment!
4) Marbleworks: This was actually my brother's toy growing up, and we all had lots of fun playing with it. And it hasn't lost its charm at all... This is usually a popular toy when friends come over.

5) Trampoline (big and mini): Scott calls this "Jumping with my nudie buns"

6) Ikea whiteboard, just $20! I have learned NOT to use white board markers since they don't come out of clothes. Instead we use washable markers. You have to clean the board with Windex, but at least I know they will wash out of cute Gymboree clothes!
Any other ideas of toys you can't live without???
10 comments:
We also have a Marbleworks toy and it is always the most popular when kids come over to play. I didn't know I could use washable markers on a whiteboard (and I won't let Abigail use white board markers for the reason you mentioned) so I'm going to have to try that! Probably the most used toy at our house is a Fisher Price castle that Joel bought Abigail off of eBay. He wanted her to have the same one he had when he was a kid. It has trap doors and hiding places, a moat and drawbridge and other fun things castles these days just don't have. He bought her some vintage Little People as well as a slew of Disney Princess figurines. She'll play with that for hours!
Your post makes me want to go to the toy store! I am a total sucker for fun new toys. I think the Marbleworks toys looks really cool. I think it would be one of those toys that I would want to play with just as much as the kids.
I agree with everything but the marble works.The one we had was a nightmare!!!! Nothing stayed where it was supposed to.
Those toys are so "Scott"! I love it. Our most popular "toys" right now would have to be the Trampoline, WII, and Pool. Lots of fun times are had with all three.
One more week and we are coming to play with all these toys! HOORAY! Another good post!
Best toys for girls are the Disney princess figurines. My girls will play princesses for hours! It's their favorite thing to do at our house. Charlotte will love them soon so get ready. They are great potty bribes too.
Stacey, I love this. Maybe you've heard that Adam and I had a baby recently and it's good to hear some suggestions sooner than later!
Stacey! It's so good to finally catch up after what, 20 + years?! You look great and your family is adorable! I love the name Charlotte (we almost went with that instead of Tabitha). I've put you on my blog link list now so I can check in on you regularly. What a fun blog!
I loved this post. I couldn't agree with you more on these items, especially the LeapFrog videos. They are amazing. :) Love and miss you!
And I LOVE how Scott said "Jumping in my nudie buns." This is AWESOME!
I am so glad I found your blog! Now we can be blog buddies and not just see eachother at church and CalFit! I love the pic on the trampoline...classic!
Post a Comment