Scott has been counting down the days to August 11th ever since his last day of preschool back in May... The day finally arrived! He was SO excited when we pulled up to Miss Cathy's house that the second I unbuckled him, he sprinted out of the car and up to to the door where (surprisingly) he rang the doorbell and waited patiently for Miss Cathy to open it. The second that door was open, he raced in, jumped on the floor to kick off his super-sweet black and white checkered Vans (thanks Aunt Kelly and Uncle Jeff!) and ran off to find his friends and play. There was no hesitation or even a look back at me to suggest a "Bye, Mommy. I'll miss you."
I figure I better enjoy this stage while he is SO enthusiastic about going to school...
And when I got back in the car, poor little Charlotte had one sad tear streaming down her face, and all she could say was, "Where's Scott? I want Miss Cappy." Sorry, cute girl! You have to wait one more year...
4 comments:
Heidi doesn't get to go to school this year either. Can Charlotte come and play?
Poor Charlotte, that makes me sad! I am glad he had a great day! We can't wait to see you in October and hear all about Miss Cathy!
WHOOPS, that was me KELLY EVERS :)
Charlotte knows she is missing out on a good thing! That is so sweet! Teacher Caffy (we are working on the "th" sound in our house) is the best!
Post a Comment