Scott participated in a week-long camp through the city a month ago. One day he came home with this cool stuff he called Flubber. It was sort a combination of playdough and silly putty, except it didn't smell weird and didn't stick on anything. I found the recipe online and we have LOVED making Flubber ever since! It is a pretty cool science experiement to watch the ingredients react as the mixture comes together. Some of you moms with school-age kids may be saying, "Uh, where has she been? My kids make Flubber all the time at school!" For those of you like me that had never heard of this stuff before, here is the recipe:
Mixture 1:
3/4 cup very warm water
1 cup Elmer's glue (I use 2 4oz. bottles)
Food coloring
Mixture 2:
2 tsp Borax (find it by the laundry detergent)
1/2 cup very warm water
Combine mixture 1 in one bowl and mixture 2 in another bowl. Make sure both are mixed well. Pour mixture 1 into mixture 2 and watch the cool reaction! After a couple of minutes, start working the mixture with your hands. After 2 or 3 more minutes, it will be dry (not sticky) and ready to play with! We love using rolling pins and cookie cutters to make cool shapes. And you can store it in ziploc bags and it will last forever. I read somewhere that if it does stick on anything (which hasn't happened to me) just use regular vinegar to dissolve the stuff.
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
4 comments:
Nice, we will have to try this when Elle wont try to eat it!!! Oh and I forgot to say that Scott's back to school outfit was SWEET!
Kell
Well I have not made this before so thanks for sharing! When do we get to see you guys?
I have kids in elementary school and I too have never made this- so thanks for he recipe. My kids always love stuff like this!
Okay Stacey, I'm going to try this flubber today with my Scouts. It's our first official meeting and basically we're just going to figure out what we're doing, but I know this will be a fun activity to go along with everything!!! You're the best!
Post a Comment