Funny how when when the Evers family used to get together before the grandkids came along, we would stay up late every night playing Settlers of Catan or Phase 10. No longer... Things have changed! One night last month when we actually did manage to get a came of Catan going, I asked Jeff if Elle liked to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Without hesitating, he and Kelly busted out in singing the show theme song, and of course I was able to join in as well. After singing a few other favorite shows, Cindy thought we were insane. But just you wait, Cindy... 2 more years and you will know every word. So here is a fun little game that I know you TV-watching moms will enjoy. Finish these lines:
"We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship..."
"There's a hundred and four days of summer vacation and school comes along just to end it..."
"Hooray it’s a honey-ful day, so let’s laugh and let’s play here together..."
"Deep inside the jungle where nature is running wild; Coming to the rescue is a very special child..."
"Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggety dog..."
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
10 comments:
I can figure our what most of those are. However we don't have the Disney channel. We are familiar with PBS kids tunes though!
"Its time for having fun in school!"
"You've got the power, the power to read"
"To fly with dragons in a land apart"
And the old, but faithful:
"Sunny days, taking the clouds away..."
(although they have altered it a bit)
Oh what parenthood will do to your mind!
I know a few of them;
#1 Little Einstein's
#3 Tiger and Pooh
#5 Mickey Mouse Club House
We love the Disney channel at our house too.
Dude I am in a total hurry, but want you to know I have all of these!!!!! Soon so will Cindy hahahahha! Then she can be annoying and see along with us!
I got them all . . . just to complete the answers above . . .
#2 - Phineas and Ferb
#4 - Diego
. . . these are the songs that run through my brain all day!
I didn't know any of these songs before my trip to visit you, but by the time I left I could do the Hot Dog dance. Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog.
...And just how many of you can actually DO the Hot Dog Dance as well as sing it?
Must admit I knew them all.
CA Grandma
PS - Best Show ever: Phinneas and Ferb
I don't know much that's not on PBS, but I have always loved the idea of Diego being a special jungle child.
BTW, since you didn't have a blog when Scott and Charlotte were 4 months old, you get a free pass. Looks like you've been having fun, though!
Scoop of chocolate, scoop of vanilla. Don't waste my time.
Scoop me some too Laurie! And yes, we all join in on the hot dog dance! I like to dance like Goofy!
zoomin' through the sky (clap clap), little einsteins
so the annual problem for out generation is finding a good way to spend it- like maybe...
with my friends tigger and poo
talking to the animals and swinging from a vine...
now we got ears, its time for cheers
100%
Jeff
Post a Comment