Sunday, September 13, 2009

How many days until Halloween?


My original plan for this post was to write about the seeds we have planted in hopes of enjoying lettuce and broccoli and celery in winter. But I know the first thing you are thinking looking at this picture is, "What the heck is Scott wearing?" So here's the explanation...

4 years ago, this was Scott at Halloween. His cruel mom and dad dressing him up in this ridiculous monkey costume was the absolute worst thing that he had ever experienced in his 21 months of life. It was pure torture:

Much has changed... Now we are a month and a half away from Halloween and Scott has already chosen his costume and wears it almost every day. Actually, he found the costume in a catalog last month, but I made him wait until September before we ordered it. And we had to count down the days before it arrived in the mail.


Can you tell how pumped he is? Any of his friends out there want to dress up as Luigi? Maybe Uncle Jeff?

7 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Scott looks darling dressed up like Mario! I love the big unrehearsed smile on his face. I guess it helps when you let him choose his costume. What will the other two Syphus kids be on Halloween?

Herlehy Family said...

I forgot to ask if Scott has already made his count down chain for Halloween? If not maybe he and Tanner could do it together on Wednesday.

Liz said...

How fun to dress up so soon before Halloween - & you can't go wrong with Mario.

Sara said...

Maybe I won't show the boys this post...they'll all fight over who gets to be Mario, Luigi and Peach (I wish). Actually, today they may all want to be Little Mac from punch out...

Laurie said...

Hmmm does Trevor have a costume yet???

youreprettytoo said...

So cute. I refuse to discuss Halloween costumes with my kids until October.

Allison said...

Ted and I were just plotting costumes for little Tessa. The poor thing..