
In our family, Scott kicks off the birthday season with his big day on February 26th. Then it is Trevor's turn on March 18th and Charlotte follows on April 4th. Can you tell that I really didn't want to be pregnant during the hot summer? That, and I really enjoyed watching college basketball games while preparing for and recovering from my c-sections... Anyway, our birthday celebration plan is that we will do big parties with friends on the even years, and family parties on the odd years. Scott has been debating for MONTHS what he should do for his party: BounceU, Chuck E Cheese, John's Incredible Pizza... But after I showed Scott all the Super Mario Brothers party accessories that were available online, his mind was TOTALLY made up. He would have a Mario party with the main entertainment being playing Wii games. How easy was that to organize? Thanks, LH, for the idea!
I'll give you my synopsis of the evening, but first here are the highlights as written by Scott:
My Birthday by Scott
It was February 26th and
It was my birthday.
With balloon’s wii and
I got noise putty and new super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Bros. super show showdown in Brooklyn
And carnival game’s mini golf
And boom blox bash party.
And 7 kid’s and 5 adult’s=12 people.
And there you have it...
To prepare for the party, Scott and I had fun searching the internet for cool Mario things. We ordered a Happy Birthday banner, balloons, plates, cups, wall stickers, invitations -- all sorts of great stuff! But I think my favorite discovery of all was this edible cake topper. I bought it on eBay for about $8, including customization. It came as a flat sheet and we just had to peel it off and lay it on fresh frosting. After a little while, the image melted into the frosting and it looked SO cool! The boys all wanted a piece of the fireball, because -- who wouldn't? Scott requested yellow cake, so Aunt Holly took care of that. She found a couple fantastic recipes for both the cake and the frosting, and it was super yummy. BTW, if you are interested, click
here to go to the site where I got the cake topper. They have just about every theme you can imagine.

The boys all arrived about 5pm, and we had 2 Wiis set up and ready to play. We managed to pull them away from the Wii for pizza, cake, and presents, but it was pretty obvious the boys were all in heaven... And most importantly, Scott thought it was the BEST birthday ever! What else could a 6-year-old want?


7 comments:
Awesome cake. Awesome party. Awesome Scott! I love that he participates so much in planning his parties.
Have fun with all your parties.
P.S. I didn't want to be pregnant through the hot summer either, especially out here! But having a May baby just didn't work out as planned. Darn. So I say to you: You are lucky! (and good job).
That was a great party...Tanner loved it!
That sounds like a 6 year old's dream birthday. And i love the cake topper idea. I'll have to remember that. We have a ton of March/April birthdays on our family too. We all like to follow nature.
I am glad Scott has a super cool mom willing to throw such a super cool party! I am glad he had fun! Happy Birthday Scott!
What fun!!! Happy Birthday Scott!
Thanks for rubbing it in - I will be pregnant during the hot summer.
That cake topper is rockin'. The whole party looks like it was rockin'. Well done. Not looking forward to the fairy princess crap I'll have to come up with...
Yup...such a great idea, now Michael wants to have one too. And, thanks to Aunt Holly, we've already ordered the cake and cup-cake toppers. Now we just need to determine when said party will be...
Post a Comment