Monday, October 12, 2009

First sleepover!

One evening we were together with the Heninger clan, and Scott invited Jacob, Jonah and Rebekah over for a sleepover. Of course this was completely his own idea and we had never discussed it. Then during the following week he typed out an official invitation (unfortunately I don't have a copy of it) and mailed it off. I believe the invite said somthing about coming over at 5:30 on Friday and playing lots of Boom Blox (a Wii game). Now in the back of my mind I'm thinking, "Are 10 and 8-year-old boys really going to want to have a slumber party with a 5-year-old?" But I talked with Laurie and she said they would LOVE it. Really? When the boys are together and are allowed to play Wii, they seem to have an absolute blast, so I figured it was worth a shot...

We picked up the Jacob, Jonah and Rebekah and went through the In-and-Out drive thru for dinner. Then after eating, the boys were just giddy playing Wii and Rebekah and Charlotte were completely entertained coloring and playing with Trevor. Then after some pumpkin pie, they all put pajamas on, got ready for bed, and went to sleep in Scott and Charlotte's room. It was a piece of cake! Maybe we should have the Heninger clan over more often! How about this Friday night?





I'm not quite sure how Charlotte ended up in the hall...

4 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Sounds like all the kids had a super time! Charlotte looks hilarious!

Our Family said...

too funny. Sleep overs do entertain them and make them tired.

Laurie said...

Charlotte's new found position was surely a Rebekah influence. That is afterall where she ends up every night at our home!

Tina Braegger said...

haha that is too funny and cute! Trevor is such a cute little kid! How are you doing with 3 kids? Wow, one is a lot of work for me! You are jut amazing though..I already knew that! ;) Are you guys still in California?