You wouldn't believe the amount of laundry I do... Most of it is thanks to a 3-year-old fashion queen who changes outfits MANY times each day. Here is an example of one day last week. We started with a cute outfit, including fancy princess hair with bows. That outfit made it through preschool, but once were back at home, it was dress up time!
She went through the bottom drawer of the dresser and discovered the clothes passed down from Rebekah (which we LOVE, by the way). So she chose this cute Halloween shirt and demin skirt ensemble: 
But then wearing the Halloween shirt reminded her of her Halloween dress, which is Charlotte's equivalent of Scott's Lightning McQueen shirt from last year. So she put the dress on, backwards of course, and danced around in that for a while. By the way, the dress is adorable, and I will post a picture of it when she is wearing it the right way (Thanks, Steph!)
I think I missed a few outfit changes around mid-afternoon, and by dinner she was back in the Halloween dress. I asked her to change out of the dress so she wouldn't spill on it during dinner, so she gladly skipped upstairs and came down in this all-white selection:
Then it was bed time and she chose her purple kitty pjs to wear (sorry, no photo). We said goodnight, turned off the lights, and Drew and I went downstairs to clean up. 15 minutes later, she was crying and Drew went up to find out what was up.
"My jammies aren't pink!"
Drew calmly changed her into her pink dancing fairy pjs while I started working on the laundry...
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
6 comments:
I recall a moment in time when Stacey was 3....Grammy Helen (Evers) bought her an outfit as a surprise. Stacey excitedly opened it, got a very concerned look on her face, and then said to her sweet grandmother, "It's NOT pink!!" Good thing Grammy Helen had a good sense of humor. I, on the other hand, wanted to crawl in a hole...
Mom
okay, I feel much better about my Amy going through this same scenario. It drives me crazy! If I don't let her change clothes then she just hangs around naked. How do you handle it?
That is hilarious! Hang in there!
I wondered if Tracy would comment about her Amy doing the same thing. Gotta love them. Mark's Katie almost 3 is the same way. I was watching her last week and she came in a dress I had bought and the next thing I knew she had changed to shorts and a shirt from her backpack. And then after her nap she changed back into the dress. When Mark came to pick her up he groaned and said, "Rachel was hoping she wouldn't wear that dress all day." She didn't but she came and went in it.
The look on her face in the white and denim outfit is priceless. That's a signature face for her Aunt Allison.
Be grateful you have only one girl - but wow, she's a cute one.
Post a Comment