I am totally out of my comfort zone... I am the Relief Society activities co-chair and we are planning a big activity where women can pick from any of 10 or so crafts or projects to do on a Saturday. I don't have to tell you all that crafting is NOT my thing... Do any of you have any fabulous ideas for cute, relatively simple and inexpensive crafts or projects that you have done? If so, PLEASE share them with me! Our planning meeting is Wednesday, so anything you can pass along to me before then would be GREATLY appreciated!
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
9 comments:
Hi Stacey -- my SIL has a vinyl lettering/crafting business called ellemenopea(.com) check it out and I'm sure you'll find some great ideas. They can do lots of things on tile, wood, glass, etc. One of my favorite gifts was wood blocks with 'family' spelled out on each block. Totally cute -- really cheap.
Ha! I know how you feel Stacey. I'm going to be searching on-line tomorrow for this very thing!
The only craft I know how to do is cheese cloth ghosts. I think the ladies would love that. Hot glue some dried flowers on there and they can be Easter ghosts. Your welcome.
Not helpful, Cindy. Aren't you supposed to be the Enrichment counselor?
I would love to make some of the cute cheese cloth ghosts...I have been wanting some for several years!
Dip the ghost in left-over peanut butter and hang them outside as bird feeders. Then you not only avoid wasting food, but you also feed the birds that might be on some endangered species list.
Maybe you could just smash the peanut-buttered bread onto the ghost so you don't have to waste the bread...
oh cindy you always keep me laughing. So Stacy utah has this lifestyle news shows that often blog spots cute crafts and ideas, their contributers often say things like..."it's a great girls camp craft", "we did this at super saturday" (I still shake my head at them) but they are fun ideas that fit the bill for what your looking for. It's studio5.ksl.com look up crafts with wire...pendant necklaces out of washers etc. good luck!
Hi Stacey, the covered button bookmarks I put on my blog a few weeks ago were from a similar activity, and they were really popular. People brought their own fabric (you don't need much at all, and we had some extra scraps there, too), but we had the paperclips, buttons and hot glue. Also, I just posted on my blog some scripture bags I made which were part of that same activity. That was a little more difficult since you had to have some sewing machines there, but everyone loved them. (People brought a placemat and ribbon and we had the sewing machines.) I've also seen a group of three birthday or thank you cards made with stamps and cardstock (maybe someone in your ward is a Stampin' Up demonstrator or knows one?). If I think of anything else I'll post another comment. Good luck!
I am getting a good chuckle out of the cheesecloth ghosts . . . my mom once glued some bread on a board and shellaked (sp?) it, so there's another idea. But actually the last two years I have been thrust into a world of people who do crafts, so although I still have a crafting curse, I have some ideas.
There's a girl in my ward with a business, and she's got a ton of good ideas she's at www.poppyseedprojects.com. The temple block I made for Josh for Christmas and the magnet board I made for Dallin and Martha are on there. There's also a countdown blocks project on there that made me think of Scott. Also there's a place in Murray with crafts galore, and although you couldn't go there, they've got ideas: http://www.thewoodconnection.com/furniture/wood-crafts/
I personally think it would be cool to make things like quiet books for the kids in church or those extra-functional bookshelves for kids' rooms. If some guy was there with his tools, everyone could make cheap and cute ones. Just an idea, don't know if anyone will ever go for it. Or you could just paint puff paints on Keds.
Post a Comment