The party week continued and Charlotte had her first friend birthday party on Friday! It was a long week for her, waiting for the main event. And since she doesn't quite get the meaning of "tomorrow" or the days of the week, saying the party was on Friday meant absolutely nothing to her. But the big day FINALLY arrived!
Charlotte's 3 friends, Heidi, Courtney and Claire all arrived and were greeted with the most awesome pink/purple reversible sparkly tutus you have ever seen! Thanks, Grandma! Then the girls did a little project where they each painted a wooden frame, then decorated them with princess stickers. We have done this little craft a few times and it is cheap, adorable and super easy - even for little kids. So each girl went home with a cute frame, and when we send out thank you notes, I'll include the picture of the girls together to put in it. Aren't I creative? It doesn't happen often, so I have to make a big deal about when it does...
Can you tell Charlotte is a little excited to be 4 years old now? 
(Melanie, sorry Charlotte saved her weirdest smile for this picture. She really does love the princess jewel fishing game!)
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
11 comments:
I love the pictures. I'm glad that Courtney was smiling...she normally makes the silly faces. Thanks again for having her. She loved it....Um, why is Heidi holding a ketchup bottle? Did I miss something? :)
I should probably let Laurie explain, since she would do it much more creatively that I will... The truth is Charlotte LOVES ketchup. She will dip anything in ketchup, so we go through a LOT at our house just from that one girl. So what a perfect birthday gift -- ketchup and Princess and the Frog Barbie! Practical AND sparkly!
No, not more creatively, just honestly. A few weeks ago we were having chicken nuggets for lunch (sigh, again). As I squeezed some ketchup onto her plate Heidi said, "I love ketchup!" and then, "Charlotte loves ketchup! I will give it to her for her birthday." How could I say no to that?
Looks like Charlotte had a great birthday! Love the extra large bottle of Ketchup...you should be set for a few months.
So cute! Charlotte is just adorable, I'm glad she had such a good birthday party!
I was wondering about the ketchup, but that's been covered. The party sounds like a dream come true! (Tutus!)
Keri - sadly that bottle of ketchup will NOT last us months. More like a few weeks.
That is so funny! Looks like it was fun! I love the skirts and her b-day shirt, so cute!
Had to laugh when I saw the Heinz ketchup, then when I read the comments I laughed even more! I thought I'd be jealous of such a cute princess party, but when I saw the ketchup it made me realize how similar Charlotte and Michael are. We may never have a princess party, but we're going to be having a very belated Mario party...with ketchup!
So adorable! The ketchup...priceless!
How sad that I did not even question the ketchup...I knew!
Happy Birthday Baby C!
Post a Comment