Sunday, January 11, 2009

Name that movie

Yes, I know I still need to post my Christmas pictures, but I got distracted with this idea... My friend Nicole did this on her blog, so I stole it from her. I have listed 10 of my favorite movie quotes. Can you guess what movie they are from? If you want to try this for yourself, use imbd.com to find quotes. You will see from my list I haven't seen many movies since, um, the 80s. I have posted the answers as a comment:

1) I'm your density. I mean... your destiny.

2) I hated her, so much... it-it- the f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of my face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breath...

3) You're five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin' and you hung in with the best college football team in the land for two years...

4) You know a lot of people go to college for seven years.... I know, they're called doctors.

5) I want to do something for her... but what? Well, there's the usual things: flowers... chocolates... promises you don't intend to keep...

6) I... had an experience... I can't prove it, I can't even explain it, but everything that I know as a human being, everything that I am tells me that it was real! I was given something wonderful, something that changed me forever... A vision... of the universe, that tells us, undeniably, how tiny, and insignificant and how... rare, and precious we all are! A vision that tells us that we belong to something that is greater then ourselves, that we are *not*, that none of us are alone! I wish... I... could share that... I wish, that everyone, if only for one... moment, could feel... that awe, and humility, and hope. But... That continues to be my wish.

7) I love you.... I know.

8) Oh, he's very popular Ed. The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude.

9) I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

10) You better get married soon. You're starting to look... old!

10 comments:

Allison said...

Dang! I only got 8 out of 10! I have no idea what #2 and #10 are, but I'm very proud of myself for #6. It's one of my favorites.

Liz said...

I got 7.....what's the long one?

Stephanie said...

I'm not sure on 3 of them (#4, #6, #8). They sound familiar, so I probably have seen the movies, but not enough times to remember the quotes. This was fun!

Cadle Clan said...

Ok, I'm pretty proud of myself...I got them all except the long one.

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love those! I haven't thought of those for ages - especially the ones I couldn't remember. I'm going to drink some whole milk and laugh for a while while I think of my non-doctor relatives.

Nicole Brown said...

Oh- #1 is Back to the Future! I knew I knew that one. I will keep working on #6,#7 and #10.

Stacey said...

Here are the answers!

1) Back to the Future

2) Clue (a favorite of the Evers kids)

3) Rudy (only movie that makes me cry)

4) Tommy Boy (too many good quotes to pick from)

5) Beauty and the Beast

6) Contact (what an amazing movie!)

7) The Empire Strikes Back

8) Ferris Beuler's Day Off

9) Napoleon Dynamite

10) My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Chelle said...

Aahh! I love Clue! That movie has always been a family favorite! I was all over that quote. I even acted it out as well!! I ended up getting 5/10. So not good, but better than I thought!

kjirsten said...

I guess I need to go back to our BYU days, when we would quote lines from SNL. I'm rusty. I did terrible -- only got a few. But it was still fun to try!

youreprettytoo said...

I'm with kj! I could only remember a few, but I can definitely still quite several SNL skits from the late 80s and early 90s- "Give him the keys to the street and do it tonight.", "They put me last in commercial. They should tell you somesing...", "lay off me- I;m starving." I could go on, but I'll stop. :)