
I think it was when Drew joined the Evers family that this Christmas tradition began... Before Christmas, all of the men (that includes Dad, Jeff, Drew, Ryan and Scott) go to CostCo. Anything they see that is edible that they want -- goes into the cart. And my dad pays the bill at the end. And then the tradition wouldn't be complete without my mom complaining about the bacon-wrapped scallops (or some similar CostCo product) that is still in the freezer from last Christmas.
This year I think the total bill was around $350 and the items purchased included:
bagel dogs
tempura shrimp
M&Ms (plain and peanut)
beef jerky
jalapeno poppers
mini cinnamon rolls
cookie dough
danishes from the bakery
pita chips and tzatziki yogurt dip
cheesecake
egg nog
Hansen's sodas
cookies (several varieties)
Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches
multiple gift certificates for See's candy
I'm sorry to say for the single males out there reading this and hoping to get into the family to be able to participate in the tradition, all the Evers women are now taken. But for local friends, PLEASE feel free to stop by our house and sample some of the boys' purchases! They will last for a while...
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
8 comments:
Wait, this stuff is all at YOUR house?
Well then, I'll be right over.
and here i thought *i'd* been eating a lot of junk this holiday season...holy moly!
What a great idea! Let me know how the shrimp tempura is.
Richard has already declared that is a tradition that will begin next year in our home! YUM!
Have a great time digesting!
i'll mention this to my dad...i know the guys in my family would LOVE this. by the way-my blog is beltsrgreat.blogspot.com
-Tracy B
HI STAUCE!!!
Yes, it is true . . . I've entered the 21st century! I'm so excited to (hopefully) stay in better touch. We'll see how I do with this blog thing. Yours, by the way, is so very cute. The kids are HUGE (and beautiful) . . . and you're pregnant?! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you! (YOU are beautiful too!).
Love you!
p.s. I'm working on Kelly :)
Hey . . . I have no idea why my comment is showing up under my sister-in-law's name (weird) . . . I'm very obviously new at this, but that last comment was from me --- Kjirsten (sorry :)
That's a great tradition but I think with all the preggies in the family the women deserve a little input... Did you at least tell Drew to sneak something in the cart for you?
Post a Comment