Trevor is now 2 1/2 weeks old! The kid is an eating machine and at his 2-week check up was already up to 9 lbs! I am really not excited for him to be getting big so fast. Many have asked how we are adjusting... Well, as can be expected, I am exhausted. However I can't complain at all about the recovery from the c-section. I feel great! But the real challenge now is managing 3 kids . This became very apparent to me one day when I FINALLY got around to brushing my teeth at 1pm. Getting myself and 3 kids ready for the day is something I still have to figure out.
Charlotte doing better adjusting to the new baby. She is now going to bed and getting dressed or changed without too much drama. Hallelujah! Although as soon as I start to feed Trevor, she has to be right there, sitting next to me. Her new favorite game to play while I nurse is "Mommy is a Park". Here's how it works: Charlotte climbs up on my lap and slides down my legs. Sounds fun, huh? It is really just a variation of a similar game Scott used to play when Charlotte was a baby. He called it "Top Mommy" and he would climb up and sit on my shoulders.
Here are some of my favorite shots during the past couple weeks: I love Trevor's thoughtful poses. I'm sure there is really a lot going on in that little mind as he sleeps!
Scott really does LOVE his baby brother! It is so cute to watch him hold and talk to Trevor.
Charlotte always wants in on the action, whether I am feeding or changing Trevor.
And here's the first bath!
15 comments:
So cute - I love the video of Scott. Your stories remind me of my own kids and how they responded to Holden. The interaction between my kids is magical sometimes, I am sure you feel the same.
Wow... Charlotte really looks like you in that picture. Trevor's so cute!
Trevor is a darling baby! I love the picture where Scott is holding Trevor and looking directly into his sweet little eyes, it is a precious moment. I also had a difficult time going from 2 to 3 kids sometimes it seemed that I just needed another set of hands. I really love the magic that a new baby bring into a family.
Trevor is so handsome. I love the pictures of Scott holding him. Those moments are so precious. Glad to hear you are doing good. Oh Yeah, I don't remember when the exhaustion goes away, maybe because it still hasn't :)!
AAAAAAH! Isn't technology a gift. Look at all of the sacred memories you've captured! Trevor is SO cute! Hope you can get some rest and you'll get used to three, but it may be a few more months.
Maybe you could make a special basket of activities for Charlotte to do, only when you are feeding Trevor. Lay out a blanket on the floor and that can be her special play place. It might make it less frustrating. I get SO annoyed when my boys think I'm a jungle gym, usually at the worst possible moments!
Oh! He's starting to look like a little kid! I can't wait to see him play rock band with the rest of the gang.
I am so glad Charlotte is doing better. Darling pics! What a cute family!
I wish I could be there to hold him! Poor Charlotte, its so hard to share mommy!
Trevor is so handsome! My fave is the first one of him, the thoughtful pose and the other is the one with him asleep on grandpas lap. I love those quiet moment pictures!
How cute.. He is a cute baby.. You have a beautiful family. You sound so calm and understanding with the kids. I wish that I could help.
Love Hilary
So cute! I love the pictures....the video with Scott is priceless!
Oh, "brotherhood" . . . precious, proud, little Scott. What a cutie! Don't you just LOVE having a baby in the house again? There is just nothing like it!! (I'm jealous . . . even though I KNOW I'm done.) I also love the picture of your Dad and Trever - so sweet!
I had no doubt Trevor would be as beautiful as you and Drew and Scott and Charlotte. He looks fantastic! I'm so glad you are recovering well. You ARE amazing!
Trevor is so adorable. I remember playing similar games with my kids when I was nursing. I love the names you come up with to describe them! They sound just like you!
I have been loving all of the new baby updates. Scott with him is just sooo precious! Didn't love the mastitis news, though, sorry about that. Good to hear he's growing fast. I know it's crazy to see your baby becoming a new person, but it's sooo reassuring, with what is happening with my sister's baby. Oh, and by the way, when I got tired of my neck skin getting twisted from "Mommy Monkey" (One of Josh's nursing games), Josh watched TV. A whole lot of TV. Hooray!
Post a Comment