I did three new things today! Unfortunately I didn't have the camera to document them... Here they are, in the order they happened:
1) I learned to make bread! Laurie H. invited me over and showed me how to make her incredibly yummy herb bread. My mom never made anything that required yeast, and so I inherited her fear of cooking any form of bread. But thanks to Laurie's instruction, yeast doesn't seem quite so scary! I feel so domestic now...
2) I made my first 911 call. After I came home from Laurie's, I parked in the garage and worked on unloading the car. Charlotte climbed out of the front seat and must have hit the lock button before she closed the door. So my purse, keys and TREVOR were locked in the car! Fortunately it was not hot (unlike the previous 3 days), the car was in the garage and Trevor was sound asleep. I was only mildly panicked, so I first called our roadside assistance service, and they told me to call 911 instead. Minutes later, the fire truck arrived at our house (fortunately without sirens) and 3very nice firemen worked to get my baby out. They actually couldn't open the door by the usual technique of hitting the unlock button, so they had to use their slick tool to fish my keys out of my purse on the passenger seat and press the keyless entry button to unlock it. Trevor slept through the whole thing, and Scott and Charlotte got to play in the fire truck. So in the end, I was the only one bothered by the whole event.
3) I took all three kids out to dinner by myself! Actually, Trevor slept the whole time, so it was really only like taking out two kids and a stroller. But we had a successfull, fun dinner and everyone was happy! YEA!!!
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
6 comments:
What a day! Dinner with all the kids by yourself is always exciting! I'm glad you survived!
I am so happy to hear that you were able to get Trevor out of the car...very scary! You might need a spare key.
I think I would crap my pants if I locked the baby (any baby) in the car. It's a fear of mine that I hope never comes true!! Glad you handled it well ;) Luckily you were at home too... Congrats on the bread, sometimes I still have issues with yeast.
OH MY GOODNESS . . . what a day! Some "firsts" were exciting (dinner with kids), some - not so (Trevor locked in car). I would have absolutely freaked out . . . way to go Mama!! You are amazing!
The 911 people are the best! So are those first responders--the most amazing people ever. Doesn't everyday bring so many fun surprises!
AHHHH! I locked the kids in the car in ARIZONA once. It was horrible. Molly and Heidi slept through it and Emily calmly sat in her car seat waiting for the firefighters. Those girls had the right idea though - I was a wreck.
Post a Comment