I have been told that girls tend to potty train sooner and easier than boys... Not in our house! Charlotte has been very defiant for the past several months every time we suggested using the potty. She would announce, "NO! I am NOT going pee pee in the potty!" I haven't really pushed it, and my friends told me I would eventually find SOMETHING that would be worth it in Charlotte's mind to give it a shot. Well, I think I found it: Chuck E Cheese. Today she willingly sat on the potty multiple times with the promise of a trip to Chuck E Cheese once we get rid of the diapers. After one accident, we had a major breakthrough... She finally "went pee pee in the tiny potty!" (That's what she kept telling me) She was VERY proud and wanted to call Daddy and Grandma to share the news. She was hoping that one event would be enough to earn the CEC trip, so we had to chat about how this needs to be a regular thing now.
Here are some shots and video from the VERY exciting day!

Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
6 comments:
I hope CEC continues to be worth it to her! She looks rather happy to be there on the potty. Adelynne didn't potty train until right before her third b-day, and Amy has gone in the potty already, but she is not consistent with her interest in going to the potty.
Yeah for Charlotte! And yeah for you and Drew! Renee didn't potty train all that much sooner than Max at our house, but she got the night time thing down MUCH sooner and has had MUCH less accidents after the initial training (mainly because Max tries to hold everything in until the last possible minute). So, maybe girls just "catch on" quicker than boys when it comes to potty training. Who knows!
I'm jealous! Courtney has NOOO interest in the potty.....One of these days...
If you haven't already, go to chuckecheese.com and they have a potty training reward chart! It's a two-week chart and once it's filled out she can get 10 free tokens. Click on "promotions", then "reward calendars", we use their charts A LOT!
Oh my goodness . . . Charlotte is SUCH A CUTIE!!! I think she looks like you Stauce! Congrats on the potty training . . . you are wonderwoman for doing it all with a newborn! (miss you . . . sure wish we lived closer!)
Hooray! I am not a fan of potty-training, so this accomplishment would be cause for a major celebration for me.
Post a Comment