Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Scott's in Kindergarten!


It's 10:40am, Scott is in kindergarten, Charlotte is in preschool and Trevor is asleep. What do I do with myself??? WOW - so many emotions today...

I guess I'll begin with this... 30 years ago, this was me getting on the bus going to my first day of kindergarten and waving goodbye to my mom.

And now it's my turn to send my oldest off to kindergarten... I understand how my mom probably felt as she took that picture. We arrived at school and Scott hopped out of the car with his sweet Lightning McQueen backpack. Since Scott's classroom is a little further back behind the school gates, his teacher meets the kids out front, lines everyone up, then they walk back to their class together - without parents. Scott was quiet but not hesitant at all about getting in line with the other kids. I didn't think I would be emotional at all, but when Mrs. Cain started walking away with the kids and I just watched Scott and his backpack heading off to school, at that moment I was glad I had my sunglasses on.




We came home, then I took Charlotte off to preschool. She looked lovely today in her Hawaii dress on backwards (technically a nightgown, but don't tell her) and a princess necklace. I did talk her out of the green 'crown' (headband), pink dress-up high heels and black sequin purse. After dropping her off, I can home to a VERY quiet house and just had this cute face to look at:


Then Trevor went down for a nap and it was REALLY quiet! And at that point there were no more tears...

7 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Hooray for Scott! Kindergarten is super fun. I'm so glad you have such a great teacher. Let us know when you learn to read. (Oh, wait.)

Cadle Clan said...

I love the picture of you on the bus! So cute!

Laurie said...

ok I am crying all over again...THANKS!

Kindergarten is fun! Yea for Scott!

I wish you had a picture of Charlotte's outfit too...that sounds so sweet.

Herlehy Family said...

Congratulations Scott kindergarten is super fun! It is such an exciting new adventure and somewhat emotional on Moms.

Our Family said...

Scott is such a cute little boy. That is funny about the dress. You are such a cute mom and I love the pic of you on the bus. My kids are taking the bus this year and they love it and I do also.

The Evers said...

I thought Scott was going straight to the sixth grade?
Uncle Jeff

Paige said...

It's kind of funny how it doesn't seem to get that much easier as they grow up. I really thought that it would, but with Wesley going into 6th grade, I had to hold back some tears myself. Just because you can't believe how fast they grow up. It is such an exciting time though. At Scott's age, he'll still come home and share everything with you. Wish I could say that I had the same problem of having a quiet house and nothing to do though. :) I'm wondering when that time will come. I guess that I'll have to stop having kids hu?