Friday, December 12, 2008

No, we don't need a Secret Santa this year...


It has been 12 days since we went to Disneyland and Scott got his cool Lightning McQueen t-shirt. And he has worn it EVERY DAY since! I have managed to wash it a few nights, but he wants to wear nothing else during the day... I can't even convince him to wear one of his other two Lightning McQueen shirts because they don't have 'stickers' - which is what he calls the multiple race car decals on it. So I'm trying to learn as a mother to pick my battles, and this is one just not worth fighting. Except some of our friends may be a little worried... Here is what Scott's buddy Zach told his mom:

"Mom, I'm glad I have a lot of shirts. Scott only has one shirt now. But it does have a lot of cool stickers."

5 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

If I had a cool shirt like that I would want to wear it every day too! He is the talk of the town among all of his friends.

The Lanyons said...

When my son Dakota was his age he wanted to wear his superman shirt everyday - the bad thing was that it was his PJ's! But what can you do!? They do eventually grow out of it, thank heavens.

The Evers said...

This is really funny! It is a very cool shirt :)

PJ Evers said...

I will add here that the pink cotton candy Scott had at Disneyland did NOT qualify as a new food, even though it was.
Big surprise - he loved it!
13168 Grandma

Laurie said...

We like the new shirt...and Stacey's great perspective regarding it. They really are only 5 once. When he is 25 he can't do this! Good job for letting him do it now!