Charlotte was SO excited to go to the Little Gym for her dance class. And with her newly discovered confidence and willingness to actually participate, I was talking it up too. She was all dressed from the moment she woke up in her leotard, tights and tap shoes.
Then Mommy thought... Wait. It is Presidents' Day. Oops! The Little Gym was closed. Charlotte was so disappointed (as was I). So how did I suggest that we make things better?
"Let's go shoe shopping at Target!"
It is amazing how a cheap pair of Tinkerbell flip-flops can turn things around! And Charlotte learned that shoe shopping can cure some of life's disappointments. It is as true for a 3-year-old as it is for a 35-year-old.
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
8 comments:
I totally agree...shoes always make you feel better!
So cute! You are a great mom to teach her such an important lesson. I love her smile. And her shoes!
Shoe shopping at any age can help cure almost all ills.
Patty
That is such an important life lesson...shopping always cures disappointments!
What a great lesson to learn at such a young age!
Hilarious - & very true. So glad the shopping appeased her - a true woman in the making ;)
Welcome to The Club, Charlotte. Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes, fixes anything. You've got to check out endless.com! A girlfriend turned me onto this little online beauty and here's a closet confession, I LOVE IT!
Such an incredibly lesson to learn - 3yrs. old is NOT too young to learn. One dissapointment I had netted me a cashmere sweater. I felt MUCH MUCH better!
CA Grandma
Post a Comment