
Our PC has had a long, happy life. It is almost 8 years old and has been a fabulous computer. But we have maxed out the memory and disk space, so it is time to get a new computer. So the big question is, Mac or PC? Those of you who are Mac users, why did you convert? Are you happy with the switch? What features does the Mac offer that the PC doesn't have? Or those who are still in the PC camp, why have you stayed? Help me make up my mind!
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
12 comments:
Stacy,
I have a Mac, Guy has a PC. When He was buying my mac, there was a man looking to buy a mac, that fixed computers. He said if more people had mac's he would be out of a job. I know that I have not had any problems. It does take some getting used to, but there is no way I'd trade now. You may have to lose a few programs for a while, but mac is coming up with more programs that pc does have. Again I do love my mac. Guy's computer is threatening to break and he keeps threatening to confiscate mine. I tell him blood will be spilt if he tries.
Patty
Please come over and see what you think. Bring the kiddies.
I am a PC user since my computers are all provided through my work. But, my family are all huge Mac users and if I bought a home computer it would 100% be Mac. AppleTV is so cool and the picture and web services are so much better. But, more importantly Macs are more stable and generally easier once you get use to it. Talk to my dad and he will give you an earful about why you should buy a Mac. If you do buy one - ask him for advice on what to buy. You can buy Refurbished computers from Apple's websites that they provide a warranty on. All my family has done this with great success and you get a better deal. Good luck!
We got a MAC 3 years ago and have not looked back once. The programs I use are great, it is a fast thinking computer, it has slowed only by seconds over the last couple of years, something I have barely noticed-and it really may be due to our poor internet connection other than the MAC. I seriously LOVE MAC, and I think that if it is affordable for you and the family you should go with it 100%.
Mac! I won't ever buy a PC again unless it is for the kids to beat on. I LOVE my computer. It honestly makes everything so much easier. You will love one too! Call me and I can tell you more.
I don't usually comment on blogs, but I can't let this one go--get a Mac. You will not regret it. They are virtually indestructible--trust me, my kids have tried, and it always bounces right back. There is a definite learning curve to get used to the new way, but it's superior in every way. Do it!
We converted to Mac about a year and a half ago. I was a bit worried about the transition but love it and would never go back to a PC, it is so simple! We love are Mac!!!!!
I begrudgingly switched a year ago....I LOVE it! Very easy to do stuff!
Macs are totally sexy. In fact, we got another Mac for Christmas. I wanted to do more with my photos and iPhoto is awesome.. I LOVE IT.
Remember when you tried to help me with my laptop while you were here for Taylor's graduation? Well, put it this way, things HAVE NOT improved, and, have only gotten worse. I've had this for 14 months and before it was 6 months old, we had to replace the hard drive. Taylor wishes he'd spent the extra $$$, at the time, for a Mac...we've certainly spent that and more since.
Go for the Mac!
I used to be a diehard PC user, but five years ago Joel decided to get a Mac so he could edit video using Final Cut Express. I started using the Mac here and there and finally just gave my PC the boot because I liked the Mac so much better. It took me a couple of weeks to get used to the Mac but after that initial period I was completely won over. Then I was just really mad that I didn't make the switch earlier... The one thing I don't like about the Mac is that PowerPoint (which I used to use extensively for work) isn't as good as on a PC, but it's a small price to pay. I can't rave enough about our Mac; we love it!
Also, look what you get to wear if you buy a Mac. That's worth the switch.
Post a Comment