Friday, September 3, 2010

The Harvest


Our garden was not super impressive this year. We had mini-corn, gigantic zucchinis, one pumpkin, a few tomatoes (most of them Trevor picked while they were still green) and several jalapenos (which I am not quite sure what to do with). At least we tried! And the kids had fun watching things grow, so we'll just call it a "learning experience". Trevor and Charlotte did LOVE the raw corn on the cob, and I often would find one half-eaten in creative places...







3 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

Great looking zucchinis! You get an "A" for effort...that is way better than we did at our house. I am sure now you have a whole new appreciation for farmers and you are probably grateful to have your day job.

Laurie said...

Your harvest was way better than ours! Use those jalapenos to make some home made beans...or chop them up and freeze them to be used later.
(I put through my food processor, freeze in little piles, then once frozen place in a Ziploc bag. Then you have them when you need it for some good ole Mexican food later this winter.)

PJ Evers said...

OK, I have taken that toy apart several times to get out "non-balls" that for some strange reason get stuck! Obviously Trevor will try ANYTHING! You're hilarious, Trevor!
Grandma
PS-That toy really is super fun!