I had better start this post by first stating that I am now and have always been a nerd. Just ask my brother and sister. When I was about 6 years old, my grandma asked me what I REALLY wanted. My response? A giant calculator that counts all the way to 100! I had big dreams.
So today Scott, Charlotte and I were in the grocery store when we saw a HUGE calculator. I spotted it first, but didn't say anything. As soon as Scott saw it, of course he desperately wanted it. And my 6-year-old dream came rushing back to memory... How could I pass such a fabulous item up, especially when it was $6?
Scott spend much of the afternoon playing with it. He would yell to me every once in a while, "Mommy, guess what number it is now? 192,923,234!" My favorite was that he called it a 'compulator' - which makes sense if you combine 'computer' and 'calculator'.
My nerdiness lives on... Here is Scott with the giant calculator in action:
And here would be Cindy (my sister) and Kelly's (my sister-in-law) reaction to all of this:

7 comments:
Can't get enough Scott - or giant calculators. I won one when I worked for American Express, and I treasured it even at the age of 19, no matter the giggles it received when I whipped it out.
I do not know what is funnier, that he wanted a calculator, or that you remember wanting one!
Stacey you are, hands down, the prettiest nerd I know. My Dad gave me a hp 11c when I was a Freshman in High School. I've lost that calculator a couple of times and you wouldn't believe the extremes I've gone to in order to find it! Here's to the calculator!
Hi Stacey! I love the calculator story, it fits well into our family, and how fun that Scott carries on the tradition. I hope you won't mind if I add you to my blog list.
Oh how we live through our kids. Math is my favorite!
I agree with Cindy and Kelly! :)
By the way, I made my blog private so email me at amy.eldredge@yahoo.com with your email address and I'll grant you access.
I love this!! And I totally LOVE your nerdiness!! Scott rocks.
Post a Comment