And the crowning event of the month, October 31st... The REAL trick-or-treat adventure! Fortunately the weather cooperated and didn't rain while we were out. So we had 4 kids (Scott, Charlotte, my niece Elle and our neighbor Alex) and about 8 adults (me, Drew, my mom and dad, brother Jeff, sister-in-law Kelly and neighbors Tony and Cristina). We are pretty lucky to have lots of kids living close by, so it was easy to just hit a bunch of houses in our neighborhood and watch those candy buckets fill up.
Charlotte's method was to stand at the door long after the other kids had run off to the next house. She did not understand that after they give you candy, you say "thank you" and walk away. She would just look at people with those enormous brown eyes, holding her candy bucket. Consequently, she had the biggest haul for the night because her cuteness and persistence earned her extra candy at each door. Seriously, those eyes are weapons.
Scott had a few great comments for the evening... One was something like, "I don't like peanut butter. I want that one." To another person he said, "Hey, I haven't seen you before." And at the end he was SO tired from carrying his super heavy candy bucket. Life is hard when you are a pirate and people are giving you free candy.
Here is Charlotte stealing from Scott's candy. I have a picture of my younger sister doing EXACTLY this same thing when she was probably about 2. Must be a second child thing...
4 comments:
Charlotte is a smart girl. She's already figured out that her big, brown puppy dog eyes are going to be a huge asset in her life.
I like Scott's honesty.
I gotta know, did Scott count how many peices of candy he got?
I love Scotts comments "Life is hard as a Pirate." Looks like everyone had a great time.
Good thing no one takes pictures of me stealing Josh's candy . . . cute stuff.
Post a Comment