This year Scott is a Sunbeam in Primary. For those of you who have no clue what this means, in our church Primary is for kids ages 3-11, and Sunbeams is the 3 to 4-year-old class. So Sunday was the annual Primary program... I tried to prepare Scott for the big event bribing him with 8 chocolate chip cookies if he stayed up on the stand and was a good boy. I had pretty low expectations for him actually singing along with the rest of the kids. He told me Sunday morning that he didn't want to sing the 4th verse of I Am a Child of God because he didn't know the words. But Zach (his best friend) knows ALL the words. Impressive, Zach!
Boy, was I in for a surprise! Not only did Scott stay on the stand the whole time (with the exception of one potty break), but he SANG! I couldn't believe he knew the words to most all of the songs, except for the 4th verse of I am a Child of God, which he had already been approved to skip. It just goes to show that kids ARE listening and learning, even when you think they have no clue what you are trying to teach them. I was a huge wimp through the whole thing... I cried on just about every single song! It was just adorable to see my sweet little boy up there singing those special songs. And by the way, he was wearing his little man shirt and tie from this post. Too bad I couldn't take video...
One of my favorite moments was how Scott jumped every time he sang the word TRUST in the phrase, "Teaching me how to TRUST and obey..." I'm pretty sure they didn't teach the kids to jump at that moment, but if you know the song, jumping at that point does fit the music. The other moment I enjoyed was watching Scott and Zach and two of the girls walk out for their potty break, all dressed nicely with shirts tucked in. Then a few minutes later they walk back in and Scott and Zach's shirts are both completely hanging out. Hey, at least we got them to wear ties!
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
2 comments:
Scott would have fared well in our program. There were so many kids that had to say parts, we ended up not singing more than one verse of any song. I'm a wimp, too. I cried today while watching Sesame Street with Josh because Gina was singing to Elmo that she had enough love to go around to more than one kid. Get my kid in the primary program, and good night! Go Scott!
The potty break was my favorite...I didn't have the vantage point to see the shirts, but I believe it. Silly boys! I also loved how Zach put his mouth so close to the microphone when he started his part! We'll have to work on that one for next time.
Post a Comment