Sunday, December 7, 2008

Who can guess my secret?

It has certainly not been easy to keep the gender of this baby a secret! I haven't slipped yet -- at least not that I have realized. If you are behind and don't know why I am not saying what I am having, check out this post.

So I added a poll to my blog for all my followers to place a vote. Before you decide what you think I am having, here are a few things to consider:

1) The doctor doesn't know the gender, but based on the heartbeat, he guessed correctly the last 2 visits. And no, I'm not going to say if the heartbeat was fast or slow... I'll keep quizzing him in upcoming visits to see if his guess changes.

2) While I was pregnant with Scott, I loved corn dogs. Same with this one.

3) Scott was really active, but Charlotte didn't kick much at all. So far, this baby is really tame.

4) By this point in both previous pregnancies, I had gone through at least one CostCo size Tums bottle. I haven't had much of a problem with heartburn up to this point.

5) I felt more nauseous with Scott, and more exhausted with Charlotte. But during this baby's first trimester, I felt more nauseous AND exhausted than both other pregnancies combined. It really was miserable.

6) Drew isn't ready to talk about names at this point, but so far my votes are Patrick and Natalie.

So what do you think???

10 comments:

Herlehy Family said...

My guess is a girl...I think I am going to side with the person that knows you best ...your mom.

Emily S said...

I think girl, and this is why. You seemed more excited about the name Natalie, and so happy the person in your ward didn't use it. Also, you are talking about re-covering your carseat, which I happen to know is navy blue. I could definitely be wrong . . .I shared all of this with Gary and he said not to tell him stuff like that because it makes it not fun. But, you asked . . . :)

Tracy said...

Girl. its a girl.

Syphus Circus said...

Each of my pregnancies became more difficult. So I always thought I'd get my girl...ha ha ha! Now that I have four boys, and each pregnancy was totally different, I don't think there is any ground in using that for an argument. That said, you will have a girl because Allison is and that is just the way it goes! XOXOXO

Laurie said...

Boy...I'll go on record saying boy. But I am usually wrong about these things. So it is probably a girl...

Can I get the combo to the locked cabinet in your garage to take a quick peek???

Crystal Dever said...

Well, twins seems to be the trend these days, so there's my vote... :)

KimberLeigh said...

Hee hee! I'm so happy for you. I'm going with girl. Because EVERYONE I know is having boys and with incorrect use of the Law Of Averages, I'm going with girl!

Tina Braegger said...

I am guessing girl, only because that is what I am having! :) But boys are in the water right now..but I guess we will know for sure in like 3 months! How exciting!!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Girl. Duh.

I couldn't get enough corn dogs when I was pregnant either. Sooooo yummy.

Love the name Patrick though. Maybe you could get a dog and name him Patrick since it won't be used this time.

Amy said...

I say girl. But, even if I am wrong I know one thing - you are going to have a cute little bald baby. That is why you dont have heartburn! My babies have all been bald & I never had heartburn. Its true! Well, we'll see!