Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Retraining a picky eater, part 2


So the new food for the day was macaroni and cheese -- the "deluxe" kind with the cheese in a pouch rather than powder. He was really excited to help me make it, and was especially anxious to eat it. WOW! Here are some phrases I heard tonight that I never dreamed of Scott saying:

"I can hardly wait to see what color the cheese is!"

"I love it! This is as yummy as eggies." Eggies = scrambled eggs

"I'm going to eat ALL my macaroni and cheese. Can I have another bowl?"

"Can I try some of that white milk like you are drinking?" (Scott has only had 'pink milk', or milk with strawberry Quik, for the past year.)

"I'm so excited to see what the white milk tastes like. Wow! It is so yummy!"

Who is this child? I know the full moon can have a strange impact on people... Could that be the reason?

By the way, if you are wondering why it is the middle of winter and Scott has no shirt on, it is because I was washing the Lightning McQueen shirt with stickers.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Wow! That is HUGE! How exciting! I hope it continues!

Jen said...

The Lightening McQueen shirt saga is cracking me up - I was audibly laughing when I read that he was topless due to the washing of the shirt!

Allison said...

Ha! I love that you have to "tempt" him to eat mac and cheese. Isn't that supposed to be a go-to for a kid?

Emily S said...

Congratulations! Coming from the mom of a kid who must always eat shirtless in order to own non-stained shirts, I didn't even notice he didn't have one until you said something.

Herlehy Family said...

That is great news...congratulations!

KimberLeigh said...

Congratulations! (And I just love how he is STILL wearing his Lightning McQueen shirt daily.)

Tell Scott I love the deluxe mac and cheese too, especially the shells and cheese! :)

Hazembullers said...

Stacey!!! No te imaginas lo contento que estoy de haber encontrado tu blog! Te vi en el de Alan y Andrea.
I have the fondest memories of you, Cindy, and your grandma who hosted me for that wicked fun weekend in California.
Your family is growing so much! Congratulations to you and Drew--our favorite rocket scientist :).
This is long overdue Stacey, but I wanted to thank you for all you did to help me during my rough transition into the US... the longer I live here the more I notice how "weird" I must have come across :p Remember how I hugged Cindy when you first introduced me to her and she almost flipped out? Oh... priceless!
Anyhow, a big fat thank you to you for all the math tutoring you gave me, the rides to the mall to buy clothes, and the rides to Smith's :).

Check out my family's blog when you get a second!

Merry Christmas!

Rafa & Co.