Thursday night, Laurie H., Laurie C, Amy and I said goodbye to our sweet husbands and children and hit the road for an AMAZING weekend away! We hit the road and headed off to my family's beach condo on Monterey Bay. As you can imagine, every second we were awake was filled with lots of conversation, laughing, eating and of course, shopping!
Friday morning was fabulous! I woke up at my usual time in the morning, and then went right back to sleep - because I could! Then once I did wake up again, I just lay peacefully in bed, enjoying the quiet...
Once we finally got ready, we headed off to shop. None of us could remember the last time we went shopping without either a stroller or some specific timeline that would not allow for wandering. We spent a total of 12 HOURS eating and shopping! And as you can see from the photos, we had LOTS of fun:
By the way, this picture of the trunk was only after day one. We did do more damage on day two... I was pretty successful in finding things that I could wear during my second trimester of pregnancy, as still wear post pregnancy. My favorite purchase was this dress:

I first picked it up, commenting that it looked like a dress Mrs. Roper would wear (if you know who Mrs. Roper is, then you totally know what I am talking about). But when the sales lady said I needed to try it on, I was shocked at how cute it was! And by the way, the girl in the photo must be 6'3", because it is not nearly as short on me.
We arrived home to tired but happy husbands and kids on Satuday night around 8:30pm. We all agreed this needs to be an annual, if not bi-annual, event. Thanks to the Lauries and Amy for joining the party and helping me have SO much fun!
11 comments:
I just can believe how much fun we had! Thank you!!!!
SOOO jealous. I'm glad you guys had fun, and it looks like I saved myself some money. Next time...
Sounds like a great time...I missed out and need to start saving now for the next trip.
Hey.....I thought I was only one allowed in the Monterrey condo! I've got to move to CA.
I'm so proud of the four or you! If Del Monte Shopping Center ever fails, it won't be the fault of the Evers females and their friends. Next time take one of those mini-vans - without carseats just think of the room....
Excellent shopping, ladies!
Add me to the list of jealous people. Awesome! I'm sure I'm busting rules of blogdom by combining comments, but I'd feel good about getting my kids to eat all things pumpkin. Isn't it a squash? And who would deny the vegetableness of squash?
Once again, I am jealous. Keri is right, time to start squirreling away our pennies for next time.
Thank you, Mrs. Roper. It was waaaay too much fun.
I am so glad you got away. I think I stayed at that Monterey Condo of yours didn't I??? I stayed somewhere with you right??? Wow, I am getting old. The dress is very cute! I think I need to plan a weekend away sometime.
What a great vacation! Way to go! I hope you are feeling spectacular! And after that great weekend, it sounds like it! Congrats on a great getaway!
Your pumpkin pie looks FAB. I'm craving a piece now!
Looks like a great group of friends! Jeff's mom has a similar trip with her girlfriends every year. Maybe I should start an annual "Girls Weekend" too! :)
Post a Comment