Sunday, September 28, 2008

How could I forget...

...how absolutely fabulous these pumpkin cookies are? Allison, will you please post a comment about how you honestly feel about these cookies? And keep your message PG-rated, por favor...


I finally made my first batch of the season tonight since Laurie H. went out and bought the pumpkin for me, hinting (not so subtly) that her family needed some... I wish I could take credit for this most amazing recipe, but I actually stole it from Michelle Bodine from our old ward in Los Altos. My only modification from her version was to eliminate the frosting and add milk and white chocolate chips. So thanks, Michelle! We named our daughter (Charlotte Michelle) after you to express our gratitude!

Pumpkin Cookies

Cream together:

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup Libby's pumpkin
1 egg

Mix in:

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1 tsp vanilla

Optional (not really) – 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips, ½ cup white chips. You MUST use Guittard brand milk chocolate chips. If you haven't tried them, you are truly missing out.

Bake on greased cookie sheet (or just use parchment paper) for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes about 3-4 dozen cookies.

6 comments:

Emily S said...

Looks fantastic. How was it you got your deal on Guitard chocolate chips again?

Michelle said...

All this time I thought she was named after me. :) Those cookies look amazing! I love anything pumpkin in the fall. Thanks for the recipe!

Cadle Clan said...

Can't wait to make them....they look really good!

The Evers said...

cant wait to eat some-make me some now!

Ted said...

When it comes to food you aren't going to get a PG comment out of Allison. You know better than that.

KimberLeigh said...

OH YUM. I wish I lived by you to eat at least 12 of them. But oh my gosh, I am WAY too lazy to cook something that complicated. :) Here's my pumpkin choc chip cookie recipe--1 spice cake mix, 15 oz can pumpkin, choc chips. Mix. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. Then eat whole batch with large milk. :) You rule making pies and cookies and all sorts of delectibles.