Sunday, September 7, 2008

"Mom, I like expensive things."

Scott recently has been very obsessed about money: how much things cost, how much money he can earn, why I won't just give him the $20 in my purse... So recently he came home from playing a his friend's house, and they have a basic inflatable pool in their back yard. After this little play date, Scott told me that Alex has an expensive swimming pool that he got at Target, and that he wanted one too. So for days, all I heard, "Mom, I REALLY need to go to Target so I can buy an expensive swimming pool" and "Mom, I really like expensive things." And one day he typed this on the computer, printed about 5 copies and distributed them around the house:

Last week we went to Target, which is the most amazing place in Scott's mind. We wandered down the summer sale aisle and inflatable pools were about 80% off. So Scott got his expensive $36 swimming pool for $8! Quite an impressive, expensive swimming pool. And here is the result:



Did I mention it comes with cupholders that will hold cups with goldfish crackers? Only the best for our children...


3 comments:

Emily S said...

That is very funny. Now I know where I should shop - looks like I can afford expensive things after all! All Josh wants to do is put on his "swimmin' trunks", but when we got back from our trip (late July), ALL of the kiddie pools were sold out around here. Argh!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

Another reason I love Scott. He is so organized. Maybe it's the name? I hope Yoni will be like her siblings.

The Evers said...

What a good mother to buy your child such nice things! Elle wishes you were her mom too, she has been asking for a popsicle all day, but we cant afford any :) That first picture is so cute!