So why had I not posted much to my blog recently? Why have I not called or emailed back some of my dear friends? My excuse is that lovely period of time known as the first trimester of pregnancy... Yes, Scott and Charlotte are due to be a big brother (again) and big sister sometime around March 17th! I just love having babies during March Madness so I can just recover from surgery and nurse while I watch basketball games!
The new thing this time around is that Scott is old enough to get it. He has already suggested a couple of names: Marlin for a boy (in honor of Finding Nemo) and Yoni for a girl. I think he came up with Yoni by randomly pulling 4 letters from the bathtub. Charlotte of course doesn't get it yet, but I am pretty sure she is going to be an awesome big sister. She LOVES being around babies and giving them binkies, arranging their blankets, offering toys... Scott was not terrible helpful when Charlotte was born. His idea of "helping" was climbing up on my shoulders while I was nursing to play a super fun game called "Top Mommy".
I have to say this pregnancy has been MUCH harder than the first two. The 24-hour nausea and exhaustion like I've just taken a double-dose of Tylenol PM has been a little challenging. Drew is not happy that I have been feeling so unlike myself, but I think he does enjoy seeing me slow down a bit and not try to do 5 things at once. Now I am at 3 months and since I have felt a little better the past few days, I am hoping I am turning the corner and arriving at the glorious stage of the second trimester.
By the way, by sister, Cindy, is due 1 week after me. My sister-in-law, Kelly (Jeff's wife) is due 6 weeks before me. My other sister-in-law, Allison (Drew's sister) is also due 6 weeks before me! So many little cousins the same age will be SO much fun!
17 comments:
Congratulations! I am happy to hear you are feeling a little better.
Congratulations Stacey! I hope that your second trimester is easier than your first. :)
Congratulations again! Glad to hear you're emerging from the fog. It's so hard! And I'm enjoying nursing at 5:30 a.m. because normally Josh would be enjoying the same game Scott did, except he calls it "Josh monkey."
Congratulations! I know we're not related, but I am pregnant again and due a week after you. It has been a lot worse for me this time around, too. I hope you are moving past the yucky phase. I'm not quite there yet, but I'm hoping it's soon. Take care!
Congrats! I'm so excited for you! I hope you are feeling better. 2nd Trimester is always better! :)
Congratulations! I'm with you on the horrible first trimester; I'm envious of anyone who gets through it feeling great. Wish we could just skip to the second trimester and go from there... Best of luck!
Congrats!!!! Yeah...but you're right. Pregnancy in your 30's is SO different than your 20's. Quinn nearly did me in. Here's to the 2nd trimester! I'm so thrilled for you. And don't worry...3 isn't TOO horrible (j/k).
Stacey! That is wonderful news!! How fun!! And I have so much compassion for your feeling like crap! That was the story of my summer! I can't believe how much harder it is...I call it Bionic Fatigue! It is killer!
Love you tons! (And Mar 17 is my anniversary, so I'm a huge fan of this baby already!) We are way happy for you!
Glad to hear you've perked up a little! Note the dead silence on MY blog during my first tri! :)
I am sooo glad you have turned the corner. I really do not like being pregnant at all. It is much harder the 3rd and 4th time around. I was never brave enough to go any further! I have so much sympathy for what you are going through. Good luck!
How exciting for your family to blessed with so many babies around the same time!
Aww that is so exciting! Congrats!! You guys make such cute kids.. :)
I am so happy for you. I am excited to hear what you are having. Right now your little girl looks like you and your little boy is your husband.
We are still trying so we will have to see what happens. But I am so happy for you.
Hilary
WOW! COngratulations! I am so happy for you and thrilled for Cindy too! Does she have a blog? I miss your family and think of you all often! Good luck with feeling sick - hope you really are turning the corner!
Congratulations!! I hope you feel better soon!
WOOT WOOT! Bring on the babies!
Congrats! I did not know Cindy was expecting as well. How exciting for you both. Have fun having a 3rd- Life gets pretty crazy but a lot more joy.
Congratulations, Stace! Glad you're starting to feel better and I'm so excited for you.
Hey Stacey, I found you! Congratulations on the pregnancy. That is so exciting. I'm glad you're past the sickness.
Post a Comment