Sunday, September 28, 2008

To Cindy and Jeff...


Some of my friends have done a similar post about their siblings, and I have laid awake at night thinking about what I would write... So it is time for me to copy and do my own post:

You may be my sibling if:

Your father can take responsibility for "discovering" hidden musical talents such as Enya or Smashmouth.

You can play at a near-professional level the game of "keep up balloon"

Your idea of playing with Barbies was to throw them off your 2+ story balcony into a large tub of water, aka "Barbie High-Dive"

No family dinner is complete without your mom laughing so hard she cries or spits out what ever she was drinking.

You have been told, "Stop it, or I'll make you sit on your hands!"

You remember the summers sleeping on the outside deck and having midnight hoedowns.

Auburn Skateland was a seriously cool place.

You cried when Chris Webber was traded from the Sacramento Kings.

You automatically do 'the gesture' when listening to the Beach Boys Christmas album and the line that says, "The streets are filled with laughter and so many hearts are gay."

You only wish you would have made an Christmas ornament as totally awesome as the Sequin Santa Wreath.

Your favorite dinner is flank steak, twice-baked potatoes and strawberry fluff.

You know the gang sign for Lake of the Pines.

Speaking of Lake of the Pines, you were a proud member of the LOP swim team and were PUMPED to defeat Lake Wildwood.

You still wake up at 4am on Christmas morning.

All together, you could take on and defeat ANY other 3 siblings in basketball or volleyball.

You hate tomatoes and male cookies or banana bread.

You remember many Saturday nights, staying up to record the good SNL skits, which included the Gap Girls, Musicians for Free-Range Chickens, The Sinatra Group, and the Hot-Tub Lifeguard.

You have seen the movie Clue more than a dozen times and can complete the quote, "Flames on the side of my face..."

You think your older sister is a huge nerd, but were SO grateful she was around in college to help with math and statistics.

You ever said to your older sister, "I like your necklace. Oh wait - that's your belt."

I'm sure I will think of more laying in bed tonight...

(one day later...)

Here are the others I came up with since doing this post:

You can't go to church and hear the words "armies of Shiz" or "gentiles", or sing Scatter Sunshine or I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day without giggling uncontrollably.

You remember laying in bed, sweating to death and squirting yourself with water TRYING to keep cool because your dad would not EVER turn on the AC.

McCrory Gym holds some pretty cool memories from your glory days.

***Additions from Cindy***

You routinely use the word ACED in conversation and understand it's many meanings. (I can't believe I didn't think of that one)

You know the rule about going to the 2nd layer of a See's Candy box -- and routinely ignore it.

Your Christmas music selection rarely strays from the Beach Boys or Osmonds.

5 comments:

Liz said...

So funny....I love the flames comment. My sibs can quote that part, too!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

These fries are GOOD.

Anonymous said...

A few more...
You use the term "ace" in normal conversation.
You know the rule about going to the 2nd layer of See's (and routinely ignore it.)
Your Christmas music selection rarely strays from the Beach Boys or Osmonds.

PJ Evers said...

A few more that spring to mind...
*If your treasured Christmas tree ornaments include: three reindeers serving volleyballs overhand; two glass volleyballs tied with red ribbons; one dried out, peeling basketball lovingly made of orange Playdough;and the "star" of the tree - a broken clothespin & felt reindeer which is known as "The Reindeer Butt".
*If you can identify, AND quote ANY line from ANY episode of "Saved By the Bell".
* If you consider picnic volleyball as shear torture!

PJ Evers said...

And how could you forget....
Your dad yells at least a hundred times, "If you jump and touch the ceiling again, you're gonna have to paint it!!!"