Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I promise I don't enjoy torturing my family and friends!

So tomorrow is the big day when we go have our 20-week ultrasound. Many of you have asked, "Are you going to find out if it is a girl or a boy?" That is a difficult question to answer...

With our first 2 children, Drew would have been perfectly happy to wait until the birth for the big surprise. However, he was smart enough to realize there was NO WAY I would wait to find out, so he didn't fight it. So in a weak moment, sometime years ago, I said, "If we have a boy and girl, I might wait to find out the sex of #3." I didn't think he would hold me to it.

So here we are, with a boy and a girl and pregnant with #3. Drew does NOT want to find out, yet there is again NO WAY I can keep my sanity and not know! So here is the compromise: I will find out tomorrow, Drew will not, and I can't tell ANYONE, not even my mom. And believe me, my mom and my pregnant sister (expecting a boy) and sisters-in-law (expecting girls) are not happy about this...

So please don't take it personally if you ask me what I am having and my response is, "I know, but I can't say." Blame Drew.

Baby Scott and Charlotte

10 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I couldn't know if the other spouse wouldn't know. I'd start putting out gender specific clothes or bring up names like Yoni. Oh well, only 20 more weeks of keeping it a secret. I'm excited for you either way.

Stephanie said...

Ha ha! I can't handle not knowing, so I know how you feel. However, I think I would slip and accidentally say something. I'm just not good at being sneaky.

KimberLeigh said...

I marvel at your ability to keep it quiet! I bow to you! I'm with you, honey, I MUST KNOW.

Your babe's pics are beautiful. What angels. We are so happy you are expecting!

Cadle Clan said...

There is no way I could do that. Good luck keeping the secret! :)

Herlehy Family said...

I would have the hardest time keeping that secret! You are a strong women. Good luck!

Emily S said...

Oh, my goodness! We need to think of a way to make this fun for Drew. You are really good, there's no way I could keep quiet that long. I could try, but my facial expression are hard to control when people talk. When the ward was splitting and I was called to the primary presidency I couldn't be around anyone in my ward because it was too hard not to spill the details of the split. Can't wait to find out in April!

Annette said...

I still say this totally sucks!!!! Love you both...I'll try to endure the torture.

youreprettytoo said...

I really admore your tight-lipedness- not a word I know- but seems to fit here. That takes a lot of willpower, but I know you and you will do it! I didn't find out with my last one and it made for a very fun delivery!

Anonymous said...

Wow, there is no way I could know and keep it a secret. I have NO poker face... Good luck with that.

Allison said...

You are a hussy.