Sunday, March 22, 2009

Baby Trevor's arrival!

We've been home for just over 24 hours, so it is about time for me to post about the beautiful and shall we say, challenging events since Wednesday! Of course I didn't sleep much leading up to our 5:30am arrival at the hospital for the scheduled c-section. Part of it was anxiousness, and the other part was a cute but very emotional 3-year-old girl in our family who knew something big was about to change in her world. Poor Baby C. With the scheduled surgery, I loved that I was able to do my hair and makeup so I wouldn't look quite so ghastly in the first photos with baby! We arrived at the hospital on time, and here was the last tummy shot: After a couple of hours of paperwork and prep stuff, they walked me into the surgery room. The anesthesiologist worked his magic and I was soon completely numb from the chest down. And about 20 minutes later, 7:54am to be exact, my secret was revealed! It was a boy! Drew was of course shocked. And even though it was a scheduled birth, it still was absolutely sacred and beautiful and memorable as anything I can imagine. So as they put me all back together, I was able to watch the nurses do all of the basic stuff to check the baby and let me hold him as best I could. Our little baby boy was beautiful! 8 lbs, 2 oz and 20" long. I had to spend the entire day in bed as I recovered. And my dad was there shortly after the birth to come hold baby grandson #2. A highlight of the day was Scott and Charlotte and my mom coming to see the new baby. Scott was really excited that he had a baby brother (I don't think he realized there was even an alternative) and just just kept saying, "I like my baby brother!" over and over again. Charlotte, on the other hand, was a bit freaked out by the whole thing. As you can see in the pictures, she was very unsure about what was going on and wasn't crazy about touching or looking at the new baby. But the baby was SUPER nice and did bring with him presents for his big brother and sister: Shifty Drug Launcher (a toy from the movie Cars) for Scott and a tiny Sleeping Beauty doll for Charlotte. How thoughful of the baby! The next day I was SLOWLY and CAREFULLY walking around a bit. Scott and Charlotte did visit again, and Charlotte was warming up to the idea of the new baby. She kept saying, "It is not a boy. It is a baby." She is still insisting upon this 3 days later... But she did bring a hat for the baby to wear, and Scott was happy to share his new car, Shifty Drug, with him. Here are a couple of cute pictures and videos:



Then there was the issue of a name... Since I have known for months it was going to be a boy, I had decided in my mind that Patrick would be the name. After the birth, Drew liked it, but of course had to analyze it to death. On Thursday afternoon, I made him promise we would have a name by the time he left that night. We were pretty much decided on Patrick Ryan when he left to grab dinner. But when he came back, he said he kept thinking more about Trevor. I really liked Trevor, but didn't like changing the name I had picked in my mind 4 months ago. So reluctantly I agreed to think about it that night and decide in the morning. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but as I was able to spend time with the baby during the night while he fed, I looked at him and just felt that Trevor fit him. It was the right name and it didn't bother me at all to give up Patrick. So that morning, we started spreading the news that Trevor Ryan was our cute baby's name! Scott was quite upset that we didn't name him Nate, like Zach's baby brother, so we told him he could call the baby Trevor Nate if he likes. We hope eventually Scott will like it! Saturday came and as much as I LOVED staying at the hospital (seriously) I was ready to come home. After a relaxing morning, the rest of the family came to get me. My window faced the parking lot, and one of my favorite sights ever was watching Drew carry Charlotte and Scott push the stroller with the car seat, just behind Daddy. It was one of those precious little moments that I will not forget. We got all packed up, took a few pictures and walked out to the car to drive home to our new adventure with THREE kids!

17 comments:

KimberLeigh said...

Congratulations to the Syphi for adding a beautiful baby boy to the gang! We are so happy for your family. It's a treat reading about the joy. Continue on a great recovery, Stace. Love you!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! What a cute family!

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I love his ears. I had forgotten how squishy baby ears are. So cute and so good. He is darling all over!

D&E said...

Congratulations. We're just gushing with excitement all over here. We can't wait to see the new addition. (...and good job, Stace for keeping it a secret.)

Allison said...

cute, cute, CUTE! I want another one! Where's Ted?

Ted said...

Congratulations! He's so cute.

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures and videos. Congratulatins to all of you on little Trevor's safe arrival!!

Herlehy Family said...

He is such a darling little boy! I loved watching the video of the kids with Trevor. A new baby is so special, Congratulations!

THE TAYLORS said...

I must be pregnant... I am getting all emotional and teary eyed as you tell your sweet little story of the past few days. Geez what's wrong with me!?

Either way, congrats on the baby boy! Is anyone scheduling dinners for you?

The Lanyons said...

Congratulations! Cutest little family!

Emily S said...

Congratulations! I expected him to look like Scott, but he's his own man. What a cutie. I really like the name, too. Gary and Josh are arguing over whether the middle name is after his uncle or his cousin . . . I told them someone else. I love how protective Scott is over him.

Annette said...

Congrats again...Nate is very flattered! What a cute family you all are!

Laurie said...

He is so beautiful! Awesome post! What a great family you have! You and Drew are now outnumbered...good luck!

Paige said...

I don't know how you kept it a secret. I thought for sure you were having a girl. I'll bet that Cindy is way excited that her little man will have a male cousin so close in age. I'm so happy for you that everything went well and he is healthy and adorable. I can't wait to see him. Congrats!

Littleton Young Womens said...

Congrats and HOORAY for cute nephews! I too am so impressed with your ability to keep a secret! You had us all fooled! We can not wait to meet him and come visit you guys! I hope miss Charlotte is adjusting ok. You look awesome in these pictures too! Love you baby T!

Cadle Clan said...

Congrats! He's perfect!

OLIVIA said...

Congrats! Your family is beautiful! And you looked great before, during, and after the whole experience!