Sunday, March 8, 2009

Just call me "Tweety"

During the last few weeks of all my pregnancies, I have experienced a serious case of "Nesting Instinct". I knew it was coming on a couple of weeks ago when I opened the refrigerator and was totally disgusted with how dirty it was. It hadn't bothered me for the rest of my pregnancy, but all of the sudden on that particular day, everything had to be dropped so that I could spend the entire afternoon cleaning the fridge and freezer. It was so clean when I was done it could have even passed the old Riviera cleaning inspections. So now, here is the list of things I hope to accomplish before this baby comes in 10 days!

- Move furniture around to get Charlotte settled in Scott's room (done)
- Install a lower closet rung in Scot and Charlotte's closet so they can reach their own clothes (done)
- Paint Scott & Charlotte's new shared room (tomorrow's project)
- Sell anything on eBay or Craigslist that we no longer need (ongoing)
- Hang valances that my mom made forever ago above the kitchen windows (Wednesday?)
- Hang curtains that my mom also made (aren't I lucky?) in the living room
- Find a solution to the annoying bird that hangs out and poops outside of the baby room window (Wednesday I have someone coming to clean and hopefully put something up to keep the bird away)

Those are just a few of the things I hope to finish! I won't even mention how badly I would like to attack the garage and throw away 90% of the junk that exists in there...

6 comments:

Syphus Circus said...

Go Stacey! Just don't wear yourself out too much! Congrats on all of your mighty accomplishments! I hope Drew is pitching in on moving furniture, and standing on ladders! Can't wait to catch up...I'll call you later today...

Liz said...

K....I wish you could come to my house and put some of that energy into my messy house.

I wish I could remember the words to the cleaning lady song...something about killing he with a knife.

OLIVIA said...

Wow! I had no idea you were due that soon! Congrats! And yes, if your garage is 90% junk ours is 99% junk!

Emily S said...

Good luck! I hope it's all just the way you feel comfy by the time the baby comes. I was like this for most of my pregnancy with Noah, so near the end I made a similar list. I had this hope that whatever I didn't accomplish would be done while I was in the hospital as a surprise for me. Hint: Don't think that.

youreprettytoo said...

Your fridge must be mighty clean to be able to pass the inspection from Jean- the Rivieria cleaning nazi! I am amazed her name just came back to me so easily.

candcfamily said...

You'll be so glad that you got that all done before the baby. Our "to-do" list has been on hold for a long, long time (20 months.)