My little boy is now 5! We have been counting down the days to February 26th for an awfully long time... Actually, over 3 months ago Scott wrote a birthday invitation and gave it to Zach without me knowing about it. But thanks to Annette's RSVP back in November, I learned that Scott's party was to be at Strikes bowling alley and would go from 4:50 to 5:25pm. Good to know...
We may be cruel parents, but we are going with the plan of alternating friend parties and family parties every year. So this year was a family party, but we let him include 2 friends, Tanner and Zach. We had some minor drama when we discovered Strikes was booked for bowling leagues on the 26th, so we would have to celebrate on the 25th. Took a while, but he got over that and the party was everything I think he hoped for! He did win the bowling game with a score of 90, which I thought was not too shabby:

Then we headed back to our house for presents and the long-awaited Lightning McQueen cake from Baskin Robbins. And of course he was wearing the infamous Lightning McQueen sticker t-shirt, along with a new hat and watch. Funny thing... Jeff (my brother) at the same age was just as obsessed with the Dukes of Hazzard. I am glad that this generation of boys has a new car to revere.

So even though we had the main event on the 25th, I still think Scott was happy! I just can't believe my little guy is now 5. But I have already used his new age quite frequently with him now, like when I say, "You are now 5 years old. 5-year-olds don't whine like that."
Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
5 comments:
the first thing I noticed was that he was wearing his favorite shirt, since he only has one shirt!!!! I love the story...
Happy 5 Birthday Scott
from the Zumbrennen Family
Only a few more days for your family to have an addition.
It sounds like it was a great birthday...Tanner had a blast blowing!
happy birthday Scott! we miss you!
Ha ha! I'm always telling Tabitha that when she turns four she'll have to move on from all kinds of annoying baby behavior to big girl behavior. We'll see how that goes!
Um, I don't get 90 the good part of the time. Happy birthday a while back, Scott! I thought of you then, for real.
Post a Comment