Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another swimming lesson adventure

I had VERY low expectations for Charlotte's participation in swimming lessons. She never wants to go in the water, and when forced in she will cry and whimper the whole time. Here is a shot of a serious glare thrown my direction during last year's lessons:

So even though she technically was too old for the parent-participation swimming classes, I signed her up for the baby class (again) since I knew there was no hope of getting her in the water without one of us. Amazingly, she liked it! No tears or tantrums at all. Of course she did not want to go under the water or blow bubbles, but we have definitely made progress.

Why the change? I think 2 reasons: First, I promised another visit to Chuck E Cheese. It is totally worth $5 for tokens. Second, she LOVES wearing her 'babysuits', so she was excited each day to pick the one she wanted to wear. And boy, did she look cute! Be sure to watch the video of her telling me about it all:

5 comments:

Laurie, the girls and Scott said...

I sure hope Heidi will learn from Charlotte's example and at least be excited about the suckers next year. I love that "Ye-no!" answer at the end of the video. She sure looks cute even if she is a little grumpy.

Herlehy Family said...

I love how she is so pleased with her performance at swimming lessons! I thought that video was hilarious, she did not care about not doing bubble or going under the water.

Cali Hatch Fam said...

Charlotte is so adorable. Keaton and I would love to have her over for a playdate if you think she would like to. Keaton saw her video and said, "she is in my nursery class".

PJ Evers said...

I say we all buy stock in CEC! Obviously it works for Charlotte. I wonder for how long....
Aloha! from 13168 Grandma

THE TAYLORS said...

That video of her was soooo stinkin' cute!! I'm glad to hear that she has improved over the last year. Water season here we come!