Having a husband who served in the military has dramatically impacted the way I feel about honoring our veterans... Rather than just another Monday off work or out of school, it was special day for a specific reason. Drew took Scott to a Memorial Day celebration in Fair Oaks. The rest of us would have joined, but poor Charlotte and Trevor are getting over their nasty fevers. Scott was not thrilled about the event (unfortunately there was no cotton candy), but it was an attempt to start teaching him about the time Daddy served in the Army, as well as how we honor those who sacrificed their lives for our country. So thanks to all my friends and relatives who have given so much to serve in the military!

Family Vacationing in the Beautiful Black Hills
8 years ago
2 comments:
Good for you sharing the real meaning of Memorial Day with Scott! I add here that not only did his dad serve, but generations before: both Great-Grandparents Harmon served in WWII; and Great- Great-Grandfather Burner served in France in WWI. It may not mean much now, but it will someday.
13168 Grandma
Ryan informed me that we should both spend the day watching the Military channel to honor our veterans. So, in between episodes of Band of Brothers, Vietnam specials, and various tactical weapons shows, I did convince him to get the dining room cleaned up and carpet vacuum. Hooray for holidays, or should I say HOORAH!
Post a Comment